Home
Posted By: bea175 Choke Tube for Number 4 Buck - 01/13/17
Has anyone tried Number 4 buck with the Pattern Master Choke tube?
What choke system?
can't remember will have to look at the choke
Yes, they are awesome. I switched away because you could't shoot foster slugs through them and I occasionally needed to as we couldn't shoot lions with buckshot. Now we can. I may switch back.
The Pattern Master tube I have is the LR and it is for my Benelli SBE
Posted By: atse Re: Choke Tube for Number 4 Buck - 01/18/17
I have a benelli and tested the pattern master with 4 buck,for out of the helicopter. I found the benelli full choke,to shoot a tighter,better pattern to 60yds. Several pattern boards were shot.
I will be patterning this choke with Federal 3 inch # 4 buck
Posted By: atse Re: Choke Tube for Number 4 Buck - 01/19/17
If I am not mistaken,the pattern master makers,said their choke tubes did not work as well with buck shot due to the type of wads used in the shells. It has been a while,since I went through it with them,so you might contact them for their input. BBs work good in them,but I prefer 4buck.
bea175 ,

I think Chokes are about like ammo for a 22 lr -you have to try each choke and load to see what " your " barrel likes .
A friend and I were patterning our 870's both just alike but his had wood stock me -plastic . Chokes and ammo shot quite different in both guns .
My 870 loves the Undertaker X-Full tube & 3" Winchester #4 buckshot load , perfectly even shot pattern a little bigger than a basketball @ 45 yards measured . That's as tight as I want it -any tighter- might as well bring a rifle .
extended range pm is all I use for predators
I have never tried 4 buck for predator hunting and most of the time I have used the Old LC Smith 12 ga with 2@3/4 number four shot and it has worked well in the woods and pine thickets. I killed two coyotes within 15 min's apart with my LC Smith 16 ga and number five shot while squirrel hunting, the two foxes with the 12 ga

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I've used 4 buck a lot calling at night. 41 pellets in 3 in. 27 in 2 3/4. If you can find lead bb shot, I think it works a lot better. Hasbeen
thanks for those ^ ^ ^ posts.
always good to know these things
Originally Posted by bea175

How did the testing go?.
Originally Posted by killahog
Originally Posted by bea175

How did the testing go?.

Haven't had time to test it as of today
Originally Posted by atse
I have a benelli and tested the pattern master with 4 buck,for out of the helicopter.

My God, to be able to utter those words.

© 24hourcampfire