Home
Posted By: Prwlr Guard Donkey - 01/21/17
Problem solved

Link
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Guard Donkey - 01/21/17
The farmers here have really taken to the donkeys. It is hard to find a pasture without one in it. That was not the case 15 years ago when coyotes became plentiful.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Guard Donkey - 01/27/17
I've heard llamas don't like coyotes either.
Posted By: drover Re: Guard Donkey - 01/27/17
Around here the coyotes like llamas, a neighbor rancher lost 3 last fall - all to coyotes.

drover
Posted By: kingston Re: Guard Donkey - 01/27/17
Do donkeys react the same way to to domestic dogs?
Posted By: laker Re: Guard Donkey - 01/27/17
Originally Posted by kingston
Do donkeys react the same way to to domestic dogs?

Not a donkey but we've had a couple Mules that would stomp a mudhole in a dogs ass and walk it dry if given the chance. One would even somewhat "bait" a dog in. He would act like the dog didn't bother him a bit but as soon as that dog would turn his head he'd take a run at him. The only mule we have now I'm sure you could put a dog on his back and I've actually packed coyotes on him. When the dogs are in the back of the pickup he will sniff them and the dogs will lick his nose. Doesn't phase him a bit
Posted By: WildWest Re: Guard Donkey - 01/27/17
My mules will sure go after a dog,they don't know. I had 2 not quite a year old and they took every dog that cam into the pasture.
Posted By: verns Re: Guard Donkey - 01/29/17
Guard donkey killed a nice newborn bull calf of mine. I would not have one.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Guard Donkey - 01/30/17
Guard donkey chased me out of a field. I've heard some of them work pretty good, while others don't.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Guard Donkey - 01/30/17
Friend of mine had a Donkey on a 5acre enclosed pasture in Alabama. He found a flattened Coyote in a corner of the pasture one day. I think he stomped its azz and must have rolled on it more then a few times.

Dog would have suffered the same fate

Posted By: willowcreek1996 Re: Guard Donkey - 01/30/17
We hired a new man to help my dad a few months ago. Dad and the new guy were making a round and saw a "guard" donkey with a lamb in its mouth, kind of throwing it up in the air and tossing it about. Dad asked the new guy, "You think you can kill that donkey?" I was sad I missed out on the Ass Safari of 2016.
Posted By: verns Re: Guard Donkey - 02/02/17
Willow creek my neighbor saw the same thing (my Donkey and his lamb)I wanted to kill it but sold at sale barn for only $50 . If I knew it was to bring only $50 I would have shot every joint in it legs before I put one in its head. It was the prettiest Hereford bull calf that SOB killed .
© 24hourcampfire