Home
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd 22 Nosler - 02/15/17
Has anybody wrung this out in their AR yet?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 02/15/17

A non-starter I guess.
Posted By: bbassi Re: 22 Nosler - 02/15/17
Lots of talk over on predator masters AR section.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 02/16/17

Thanks.

Sounds underwhelming.
Posted By: bbassi Re: 22 Nosler - 02/16/17
reinventing the wheel....
Posted By: bea175 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/16/17
I got email from one of the place I buy from saying they now have the brass in stock, not really cheap since it is Nosler Brass. You also have to use the 6.8 SPC Magazine because of the fat rebated case

I know that but if one can get "close" to 22-250 speeds for a .22 in an AR, that's a big deal.

Also, if it doesn't produce then so be it; let it be known.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 02/16/17
Sounds like the .22x6.8 is capable of driving a 50 grain bullet to 3650 to 3700 or so. The .22 Nosler is just a smidgon bigger, case capacity wise. Should be able to do the same.

A buddy and I are planning on buying a reamer and a set of gauges and sending them to the gunsmith.

A light varmint profile, 26 inch barrel would make a fine varmint rifle.

The gunsmith we use has a reamer to chamber the .22x6.8 in a version that does not need neck turned. He was excited that the .22 Nosler had factory brass available, with cheap dies.

An AR shooting 40 to 50 grain bullets at 3750 or higher seems like the ticket.

I guess I dont understand the problem.

So yeah, we are going to build a couple......soon as I gather all the Christmas money I have been saving.

Jim, I am interested in getting the 22 Nosler Stoner upper for the my 223 AR but I find the discussion on PredatorMasters on velocity, and accuracy from those who've done this is somewhat disappointing. Could be the upper at this point is not as good as it could be.

With a 25% case capacity increase over the 223 I'd think it would be good for a 200+ fps advantage over the 223 case all other things being equal. What little I've read over there, they are not seeing that with Nos's factory ammo.

Handloading -- I know; sure -- but I'm tired of factory ammo under safe potential. If it is.

We'll see.
I have read some threads too. Some of the boys had figured that the factory brass was a bit soft, leading to problems with near max loads. Ejector marks and what not.

I wonder what the difference in surface area of the rim would be between the .22 Nosler and the .22x6.8?

Probably about a wash since one uses a small rifle primer.

What length gas system does the upper you are looking at have?

Actually, I don't know. I was just looking at the 22 Nosler Stoner uppers on sale at Midway.

I am not an AR expert by any token but would expect that a 22 Nosler upper that mates with a 223 lower would have requisite accommodations for the gas-operated bolt carrier. No?
I looked at them on Midway, looks interesting. Yes, that upper will drop right on, no problems.

The one I looked at had a rifle length gas system, which I think is a good idea. I dont think that a carbine length system would be smart.

I plan on having a rifle put together with a 26 inch barrel for my .22 Nosler.

Probably a 12 or 14 twist. I reckon I am only going to shoot the light bullets.

One nice thing about that AR Stoner upper is that is the same price as the barrel blank that I have now!

Pretty reasonable way to try something new!

What I thought assuming it's of reasonable quality and not just the quickest jump to the band wagon.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I looked at them on Midway, looks interesting. Yes, that upper will drop right on, no problems.

The one I looked at had a rifle length gas system, which I think is a good idea. I dont think that a carbine length system would be smart.

One nice thing about that AR Stoner upper is that is the same price as the barrel blank that I have now!

If a whole new build though why not just go to the 22-250?
Posted By: bea175 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/16/17
I personally just don't want an AR with 26 inch barrel.
Posted By: HawkI Re: 22 Nosler - 02/16/17
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

If a whole new build though why not just go to the 22-250?

Doing the 22-250 "right" requires an AR-10 or an in house 15 build.

Very few willing to do the 22-250 on a 15 and none willing to do it for what one can get into a 22 Nosler. Midway isnt pimping 15 bolts, uppers or barrels for 15s in 22-250....

I still think the 22 Nosler will find a home in Sako Vixens, Interarms and the wee actions with a 1-8 barrel.

My comment re the 22-250 was in the moment that I forgot he was building an AR.

I agree that the 22 Nosler should be a bang-up in small bolt actions like the CZ 527 or other mini-Mauser knock-offs.

Yeah, the little Howa Mini bolt or some such.

When I heard that CZ was putting out the 527 in 6.5 Grendel I got kind of excited.

It would have made a fine home for the .22x6.8.....now even easier for the .22 Nosler.
Posted By: TWR Re: 22 Nosler - 02/17/17
The 22x6.8 or specifically the 22 DTI, was a huge disappointment for my cousin. Contact Mike at Dedicated Technologies and ask him about the velocities you can get. He was spot on with his max load data and none of them were close to the 22-250. My cousin thought he was just being conservative but he wasn't.

I don't know how the 22 Nosler stacks up just offering this as food for thought.

I believe Olympic Arms built a lower that was a little bigger than a standard 15 and chambered the 22-250 for it. I never saw one nor heard much about them after the initial sales pitch but they are now going out of business.

Maybe the AR-15 is best in a lighter, handy gun in 223 after all...
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: 22 Nosler - 02/17/17
22 Nosler. & 6.8 SPC require different magazines.

The bolts are different.

So it's a bit pricey to do the conversion and the price of brass sucks.

All for 200 FPS.

OR... you could buy a Tikka for 100 bucks more, or maybe even less and have a more accurate gun.

I use 6.8 for yotes - done
Posted By: bea175 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/17/17
I personal don't thing this round will be a big seller. They should have necked this case up to 6mm and called it the 6mm Nosler
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 22 Nosler - 02/17/17
It's already selling very well.

I would guess, based on some experience, that Nosler just might offer a 6mm version. But not right now, since they're already trying to fill the demand for the .224 version.
Posted By: ColdCase1984 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/17/17
Kind of interested what cartridge would do in SBRs. My agency now issues 11.5-in. Colts to most all officers.

An increase in MV would be a good thing; though I think it'd take awhile for the bean counters to give thumbs up.

We considered 6.8s awhile back but that never happened; shame.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 02/17/17
My gunsmith friend shoots 50 grn bullets out of his 26 inch 22x6.8 at 3750.

No, that's not 22-250 velocity, but with all the "nearly", "on the heels", "efficient", "short action", and "virtually" the manufacturers have been using to sell us stuff the last 20 years, why not try it one more time?

Everyone has a different definition of "nearly" anyway.

The sales attributed to the marketing wank prove that.
Posted By: bea175 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/18/17
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
It's already selling very well.

I would guess, based on some experience, that Nosler just might offer a 6mm version. But not right now, since they're already trying to fill the demand for the .224 version.

Maybe I'm wrong but the WSSM's were big seller when first offered but fizzled out quick.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 22 Nosler - 02/18/17
Part of the reason the WSSM's fizzled was they were shaped so differently they'd only work in bolt actions specifically made for them. As a result, rifle loonies couldn't rebarrel common actions for them. The .22 Nosler works in any action suitable for the .223 Remington.

Maybe the WSSM's sold very well in the beginning, but aside from me, I've only known two people here in Montana who've owned one, and during my travels to hunt in many other places have never run into anybody else, anywhere who hunted with one.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 02/18/17

John have you had the occasion to work a bit with the 22 Nos?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 22 Nosler - 02/18/17
Have only seen a few rifles and some ammo so far, at the Nosler booth at the SCI convention a couple weeks ago. They're going to send me a bolt-action rifle as soon as they have more put together, probably in a couple of months. The initial demand has been for AR-15's, so those have been what's going out the door.
Posted By: bea175 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/18/17
I guess time will tell,
Posted By: HawkI Re: 22 Nosler - 02/18/17
The 22 Nosler has a case capacity between the 22 PPC and 22BR; anyone expecting a ballistic free lunch must be a far gone Creedmore advocate....

What the Nosler case does is maximize what can be done ballistically in .224 caliber in the mag constraints of the AR-15 without massive re-engineering and tooling of the existing platform.
A 222 Magnum or 223 AI will do this as well, but they will only gain 100 fps or so at the most, all else equal, even assuming modified magazines

The 22 Nosler achieves its goal. It will also do it in bolt actions with similar constraints without having a larger or oddball bolt face and non-domestically sourced brass or excessive case forming.

Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 02/18/17

Yeah, as I mentioned it will be a great round in small actions though I wonder what it will provide in that niche that the 204 doesn't now. Just wondering.

I can definitely see it in the ARs too, especially if it gains more than factory, proprietary status.
Posted By: HawkI Re: 22 Nosler - 02/18/17
The 204 suffers from not being the primary design around the CZ, the Vixen, the Interarms, and the like, nor even the short Kimber 84; its MAX COAL is a bane for it and its parent cartridge with tipped and high B.C. secant ogives or those with both.
Their design parameters were around the 222, stretching it, the 223.

The 204 suffers the same fate as it parent cartridge in ARs as well unless different magazines are used with high B.C. bullets.
Also, the 204 was designed as a varmint cartridge and requires a throating modification for bullets beyond varmint bullets, which will exceed most 222/223 short bolt magazines.

The 22 Nosler was not.

Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 02/18/17
It seems odd to me that the reason that these varmint rounds are not more popular is because they are dandy varmint rounds.

Posted By: bea175 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/19/17
Has anyone on this forum tried the 22 Nosler?
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 02/19/17

I am interested in an upper for it. It sounds like enough of a jump up from the 223 to be advantageous for coyotes.

Posted By: HawkI Re: 22 Nosler - 02/19/17
I wish I had more input, fellas.

Its going to be March when I have more than just unfired cases at my diposal...

Looking at the case it appears encouraging; a niche for sure but I imagine it will get another hundred feet at least over my beloved 222 Magnums in AR guise.

Posted By: njs1230 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/20/17
Waiting on barrel from White Oak.
Posted By: TWR Re: 22 Nosler - 02/20/17
A buddy of mine got an upper in last week and killed a mangy coyote with it this weekend. He was using the Nosler 77gr bullets and it didn't bounce off.

I'm gonna invite him out and spring the chronograph on him ASAP. Then compare the 223AI...
Posted By: AB2506 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/20/17
Sounds like the .22x6.8 is capable of driving a 50 grain bullet to 3650 to 3700 or so. The .22 Nosler is just a smidgon bigger, case capacity wise. Should be able to do the same.

A buddy and I are planning on buying a reamer and a set of gauges and sending them to the gunsmith.

A light varmint profile, 26 inch barrel would make a fine varmint rifle.

The gunsmith we use has a reamer to chamber the .22x6.8 in a version that does not need neck turned. He was excited that the .22 Nosler had factory brass available, with cheap dies.

An AR shooting 40 to 50 grain bullets at 3750 or higher seems like the ticket.

I guess I dont understand the problem.

So yeah, we are going to build a couple......soon as I gather all the Christmas money I have been saving.

I spoke with Nosler at the SCI Convention. They claim the 22 Nosler is not a 22 SPC. It uses SPC mags, but they claim it is a completely new case?
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by TWR
A buddy of mine got an upper in last week and killed a mangy coyote with it this weekend. He was using the Nosler 77gr bullets and it didn't bounce off.

I'm gonna invite him out and spring the chronograph on him ASAP. Then compare the 223AI...

That's also what I am wondering about -- what it will do in a bolt action rifle over the 223AI in which case you can also shoot standard 223 ammo. I would expect it'll beat the AI but probably not much more than 100-125 fps..(?)
Posted By: TWR Re: 22 Nosler - 02/21/17
He's got some 77 and 55 grain ammo, I've loaded 55 gr NBTs and my 223ai is a 22" bolt gun. Won't be apples to apples but it might surprise me.

Or not...
Posted By: ingwe Re: 22 Nosler - 02/21/17

That's also what I am wondering about -- what it will do in a bolt action rifle over the 223AI in which case you can also shoot standard 223 ammo. I would expect it'll beat the AI but probably not much more than 100-125 fps..(?)

Thats what I'm wondering George...and I think the bolt face on a .22 Nosler isn't the standard .378..necessitating a bolt face Mod at least....might be too much trouble for an extra 100-150 fps..if it gets that at all..

Of course, Im biased towards the .223AI anyway...... whistle
Posted By: HawkI Re: 22 Nosler - 02/21/17
Originally Posted by ingwe

Thats what I'm wondering George...and I think the bolt face on a .22 Nosler isn't the standard .378..necessitating a bolt face Mod at least....might be too much trouble for an extra 100-150 fps..if it gets that at all..

Of course, Im biased towards the .223AI anyway...... whistle

Uh, it's .378 Pooby...just like the 222 Magnum.

It has a case capacity between the PPC and BR 22s, so that will be your velocity increase.

Posted By: Boxer Re: 22 Nosler - 02/21/17
Holy fhuqking dog schit,the mind numbing fhuqking STUPIDITY that is rampant here...is without fhuqking peer! WOW +P+++!!!

The 22 Nuzzler is easily amongst THE dumbest fhuqking schit to come along,in quite some time. The '15's bane is COAL latitude,so Nuzzler's opening move,is to "design" a cartridge case of even greater length than a fhuqking 223 and shovel it out for DUMB Fhuqks to swoon?!? EPIC fhuqking humor!

ONLY Nuzzler would "design" a cartridge,that won't even shoot their very own fhuqking boolits! Laffin'!

All they had to do,was the obvious and connect dots...but the STUPID fhuqks couldn't even do that "much". Funnier yet,that they already offer parent brass(though it is dog schit).

Pass the Lapooey and get outta da' fhuqking way. Hint.

[Linked Image]

1000 words.

[Linked Image]

Magfed smooches ala 75 ELD at 3050fps from a 20" spout. Pardon the .467BC and 1225yd transonic slip,as per today's atmospherics. 12.1 Mils of ele to same,from a 250yd zero(+1.4" at the Hunnert). Hint. Google it.

[Linked Image]

It prolly ain't shabby,when stoked with a magfed .243" 108gr ELD's .536BC either. Re-Hint.

[Linked Image]

Though in fairness,the Nuzzler 77gr CC is fhuqking HILARIOUS,with it's Ping Pong Ball .340BC! A 75 ELD loaded backwards,would trump that "performance"! Hell...a fhuqking Tipped 69gr SMK smokes that. FUNNY schit!

[Linked Image]

The 108 ELD fhuqking smokes the 105 RDF ugly style in actuality(atmospherics and Precision) and now some folks are gonna muse that Nuzzler is gonna do a 6mm Gasser Goat Fhuqk next?!? I'm fhuqking cryin'...I'm laffin' sooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't...bless your hearts.

Laffin'!

Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 02/21/17
Does your dad know that you are on the internet?

Posted By: HawkI Re: 22 Nosler - 02/22/17
The 22 Nosler is the same length case as the 223; unmodified, the sleekest pill is probably going to be the 75 BTHP Hornady in an AR.

The SPC mags might allow a little longer seat, as do specialty/modified mags to shoot the tipped secant ogive models.

Nosler was also hedging bets that the cartridge could be chambered in the more common .378 boltface platforms.
Posted By: bea175 Re: 22 Nosler - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by Boxer
Holy fhuqking dog schit,the mind numbing fhuqking STUPIDITY that is rampant here...is without fhuqking peer! WOW +P+++!!!

The 22 Nuzzler is easily amongst THE dumbest fhuqking schit to come along,in quite some time. The '15's bane is COAL latitude,so Nuzzler's opening move,is to "design" a cartridge case of even greater length than a fhuqking 223 and shovel it out for DUMB Fhuqks to swoon?!? EPIC fhuqking humor!

ONLY Nuzzler would "design" a cartridge,that won't even shoot their very own fhuqking boolits! Laffin'!

All they had to do,was the obvious and connect dots...but the STUPID fhuqks couldn't even do that "much". Funnier yet,that they already offer parent brass(though it is dog schit).

Pass the Lapooey and get outta da' fhuqking way. Hint.

[Linked Image]

1000 words.

[Linked Image]

Magfed smooches ala 75 ELD at 3050fps from a 20" spout. Pardon the .467BC and 1225yd transonic slip,as per today's atmospherics. 12.1 Mils of ele to same,from a 250yd zero(+1.4" at the Hunnert). Hint. Google it.

[Linked Image]

It prolly ain't shabby,when stoked with a magfed .243" 108gr ELD's .536BC either. Re-Hint.

[Linked Image]

Though in fairness,the Nuzzler 77gr CC is fhuqking HILARIOUS,with it's Ping Pong Ball .340BC! A 75 ELD loaded backwards,would trump that "performance"! Hell...a fhuqking Tipped 69gr SMK smokes that. FUNNY schit!

[Linked Image]

The 108 ELD fhuqking smokes the 105 RDF ugly style in actuality(atmospherics and Precision) and now some folks are gonna muse that Nuzzler is gonna do a 6mm Gasser Goat Fhuqk next?!? I'm fhuqking cryin'...I'm laffin' sooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't...bless your hearts.

Laffin'!

are you married to Little Stick?
Posted By: ingwe Re: 22 Nosler - 02/22/17
Originally Posted by HawkI

Uh, it's .378 Pooby...just like the 222 Magnum.

It has a case capacity between the PPC and BR 22s, so that will be your velocity increase.

Good to know...if I ever stray from the .223AI grin
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 02/22/17
What kind of velocities are you getting with 40 and 50 grain bullets out of your .223AI Ingwe?
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 02/22/17

Hi Larry. Thanks for chiming in.
Posted By: TWR Re: 22 Nosler - 02/23/17
Talked to my buddy today and while we didn't chronograph anything he said the people he knows that have are all getting about 3350 fps with the 55 gr Nosler ammo and one guy is getting 3400 fps with his reloads in their 18" barrels.

Not enough to get excited about for me, of course I've already got a 223AI...
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 02/23/17

In my 16.5" AR with BLack Hills 223 Ammo and with a 52-gr BTHP I get 3100+ fps so maybe there is a 200 + fps advantage for the 22 Nosler taking in acct barrel length differences.

But in my 24" bolt action, even my 223 AI will easily get 3600+ fps with a 50-grain bullet.

And Big Stick, I...really don't care beyond 250-400 yards -- that's where coyotes in my country can be targeted if and when you can find them. Not every body is interested in carrying the mail to 800-1200 yard on any kind of game. But, at the longer ranges, I believe you have some answers.

I am not doubting your know knowledge or expertise if I can take your pic's and posts at face value (when I can actually understand them). Then,..in fact, I do learn from you.

My nterest here is for predators within 400 yds and under; mostly well under.
Yep I'm getting 3100 fps with 55's in my 16" AR's and my 223AI gets 3632 fps with 55's in my 22" Montana.

The 55's kill everything I hunt very well but the 75 gr A-max will be my choice in my 22-250 AI if for no other reason than to cheat.

Posted By: deflave Re: 22 Nosler - 02/23/17

In my 16.5" AR with BLack Hills 223 Ammo and with a 52-gr BTHP I get 3100+ fps so maybe there is a 200 + fps advantage for the 22 Nosler taking in acct barrel length differences.

But in my 24" bolt action, even my 223 AI will easily get 3600+ fps with a 50-grain bullet.

And Big Stick, I...really don't care beyond 250-400 yards -- that's where coyotes in my country can be targeted if and when you can find them. Not every body is interested in carrying the mail to 800-1200 yard on any kind of game. But, at the longer ranges, I believe you have some answers.

I am not doubting your know knowledge or expertise if I can take your pic's and posts at face value (when I can actually understand them). Then,..in fact, I do learn from you.

My nterest here is for predators within 400 yds and under; mostly well under.

What do you think the drop and windage difference @ 400yds is going to be from an extra 150-200fps?

All else being equal.

Dave
The difference between my 22-250AI and my 223 is 600 fps and equates to 0.5 mil elevation and 0.6 mil windage at 400 yards.
Posted By: Boxer Re: 22 Nosler - 02/24/17
Jim Cumrag,

I get it,that you are easily amongst THE dumbest of fhuqks and are in wayyyyyyyyy over your head...but bless your heart for trying. It's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't,so there is zero need for you to perpetually reiterate your colossal ineptitude and outright DUMBfhuqkery.

Someone who "knows" and "does" as "much" as you,is ALWAYS going to be best served by shutting the fhuqk up,takin' notes and applyin' same.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

Hawk',

LOVELY Theorum,but simply not true. I've yet to purchase a 223 Virgin that was anywhere near 1.760". Hint.

Long story short,Nuzzler fhuqked themselves right proper,by "designing" such an absolute Dog Schit case design and then rebating it to boot. The astute would always wish to incorporate superior brass to any/all things Nuzzler,because their schit is horrid as a BEST case scenario. By simply basing their new 224 offa the Grendel which they already build brass for,they would have knocked it out of the fhuqking Park. Why? Huge COAL latitude gains,which would enable the chambering to use boolits that are worth a fhuqk. In order to Plug & Play,all one would need to do different than their current Goat Fhuqk,is to score a bolt of repute,which is a breeze...even for someone as Stupid as you. Hint.

They prolly look like this.

[Linked Image]

Further,one could source from Hornady,Nuzzler,Norma and Lapooey brass,amongst a host of others...which means Lapooey. One reaps inherent Precision,longevity and vast superiority as opening moves,less a single concession. Hint.

Tough to beat ASC mags,for toughness,reliability and COAL...which is prolly why I dangled pics of same up above. 'Nother hint.

The 22 Nuzzler is incapable of keeping a good boolit's ogive above it's case mouth,due the jaw dropping STUPIDITY of their case "design". That includes ASC mags. 'Nother hint.

As a not so curious aside,the Montucky 84 in 223,wears a 308 length receiver and it is hardly "daunting",to gun upper echelon BC's from same,by simply arranging the magbox's COAL latitude,to run in synch with a Smooch of same. Though I can only speak to 'em in 223,223AI and 270...with 75A-Max being the shortest boolit incorporated within same. That in OEM,OEM setback/punched out and Custom Spouts. 'Nother hint.

75 A-Max at 2.445" Smooch ala OEM SALAMI Montucky spout(Samtucky).

[Linked Image]

75 A-Max at 2.460" Smooch ala 1-7" Rock and 223AI chamber(Rocktucky).

[Linked Image]

The Samtucky got shot out in rapid fashion and now wears a 8" Brux 270 spout and COAL is never less than a 2.450" Smooch with the 105A-Max,105 Hornie HPBT,105 Hybirds,RDF's or any of the ilk. Just sayin'. Hint.

[Linked Image]

The hilarity of bumping 223-esque case length to .243" for '15 mag confines,is funnier than fhuqk and an absolute Pipe Dream. Nuzzler's STUPIDITY,never fhuqking disappoints in it's grandeur!

Pass MDT poly 10's and AM steel 5's there. Google it.

[Linked Image]

You gals are doing "great".

Wow +P+++!

Laffin'!

'175,

I'm more than happy to be that which your Imagination and it's Pretend,NEEDS most.

You be sure to set on your kchunt and work upon convincing yourself,that you've got even the foggiest notion of a first clue...which you assuredly do NOT. Congratulations?!?

Best wishes on your being able to dupe yourself.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

I've never even heard of a 223AI.

What is it?

Thanks!

TWR,

It's impossible to get giddy about Ping Pong Balls,at any velocity. Hell...I don't even form with 50's anymore and cut right to the chase with 75's.

Always funny to let The Paper Hat Brigade "discuss" things and obliviously quantify their fhuqking STUPIDITY,by simply doing their "best".(grin)

Now if only because it's a perpetual constant,that boolits matter farrrrrrrrrrrmore than headstamps,it's never not intellesting to shed some light upon same,for The Clueless Mushrooms.

The 22 Nuzzlers Swan Song is a 55NBT at 3350fps,which is hardly a BFD. That boolit,at that speed,wearing a 250yd zero(due Krunchenticker sight height,minimizing midrange woes),performs thusly.

400yds drop is 15",full value 10mph drift is 19.3" and impact velocity 2445fps.
600yd drop is 69",FV wind is 51.2" and velocity 1413fps.
1000yd drop is 452",FV wind is 188" and velocity 901fps.

Had they a single person at Nuzzler,who ACTUALLY shoots something other than their mouth and Imagination,they coulda necked the Grendel down and flung 75 ELD's and their .467BC at 3050fps and zero'd same,with miles of room to chase lands within the magbox.

400yd drop is 13.9",FV wind 11" and velocity 2549fps. The 75 ELD grabs the impact velocity advantage at the 200yd line and runs away with it from there. The 75 also nabs the wind drift advantage inside the 75yd line and never looks back. Impact velocity,wind drift and trajectory prolly do in fact matter.(grin)

600yd drop is 57",FV wind 27" and 1926fps impact.
1000yd drop is 272",FV wind is 89" and 1356fps impact.

The 75 is KING in 223,223AI,22-250 and 22-250AI...just to name a few. The 75 ELD sweetens the pot even more and is simply sensational in it's virtues,less a single concession.

The (3) MOST important things,in regards to ANY rifle is:

(1) Boolits
(2) Boolits
(3) Boolits

And roughly in that order.(grin)

Nuzzler hilariously dropped the ball,as per their always.

Bless their hearts.

Laffin'!

3rd,

I do not have a 223AI,except (13) of 'em. Have never seen one go as slow as you cite.

7,8,9,10,12 and 14" twist here. Tough to beat a 1-8" 21" and 50's will happily do 3750fps there. 75's at 3150fps. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Had Nuzzler simply necked down the Grendel,Dumbfhuqks coulda whistled Ping Pong Balls,while the astute were gunning the GOOD stuff(75's). Every .224 projectile they make,woulda/coulda been easily housed within' '15 mag confines and there would have been ZERO concessions. They got the cart soooo fhuqking far in front of the horse,that it is EPIC Fhuqking Humor +P++!

Doing so with the Grendel,woulda obviously left doors open to bump thangs up to .243" and still field excellence,again due to gross COAL latitude inherent the Grendel,within a '15's mag confines.

Shooting schit bullets,is NEVER a fhuqking "advantage",no matter how sweetly you try to convince yourself of that ruse becoming fruition. Designing things to swoon DUMB Fhuqks,ain't how dots get connected. Curtailing the good stuff by literal design,is nothing other than hilarious and Nuzzler exceeds in that AO(reliably).

In the field,wind drift factors HUGE...or at least should. Hint.

Launch velocity is a moot designator,though impact velocity weighs heavily. Hint.

A cartridge(ANY fhuqking cartridge),can't be any better than the BEST boolit available to it.

Twist/throat/COAL should walk hand in hand,regarding it's sanctity...or otherwise you are pissing up a rope. Hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,if only because I shoot it all. Hint.

A well balanced handy/dandy 20" AR,that'll squirt magfed .467 BC Smooches at 3050fps,is gonna reliably be a Holy Terror and any/all victims of interest and by literal default,slams the door closed on Ping Pong Ball Launchers of like weight/length/balance.

You are fretting schit that don't exist and trying to purchase that which cannot be bought...which is proficiency. NOBODY that shoots even a smidge,would be in sucha haste to fhuqk up sooooooooo much schit that is easily arranged and muse the Nuzzler 22 other than as a punch line. Hint.

It is fascinating to me,how Dumb Fhuqks can "justify" their STUPIDITY and look to brandish it as an "advantage". You gals reliably manage to drop everything that matters and focus Fluff instead.

The ONLY fhuqking way a chambering becomes better in a '15,is by incorporating a case length that is LESS than the existing 223...which is horribly maligned in and of itself. One can't even use the best boolits in the .224" bore size,with 223 case length and that should be beyond GLARING to even Oprah and Martha Stewart,let alone folks who are TRYING to "talk" rifle particulars. Hint.

Knock 'er outta da' Park an cite how you are sighting said pieces of schit...mainly because that'll be fhuqking hilarious too. Hint.(grin)

I set the beverages on a Silver Platter ad it cracks me the fhuqk up,when folks don't partake.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

'flave,

As a longterm Mainstay,my Krieger 1-7.7" 22-250AI scoots 75A-Max at 3450fps,from it's 23" spout and that ain't a bad place to be. It's wearing a 250yd zero,as I was never one to get greedy there.

With a 75A-Max wearin' a Litz JBM default,it drops 12.4" at the 400yd line,drifts 13.8" in FV conditions and arrives the scene 29fps faster than my 20" Gasser's 75 ELD at 2299fps.

At 600yds the 22-250AI Litz A-Max drops 53"(4" less than the Gasser),drifts35"(8" more than the Gasser) and arrives at 1812fps...which is 114fps slower than the Gasser.

I reckon more than a few folks have whistled the 75A-Max at that speed and the extrapolation is powerful stuff,in regards to what'll exit an itty-bitty Gas Gun with a 75 ELD at 3050fps.(grin) 'Course I'm talkin' from The Shores of The Milford,which is a worst case scenario.

Of course the entire fleet will be updated/upgraded to the ELD,after the 'Max's are exhausted in their stashtitude. Said Gasser is squirtin' ELD's expressly and the approach will of course continue.

Now as a Smash & Grab Gasser goes,the approach's Merit/Theory is only exceeded in it's Application,as it is a right proper Mind Fhuqk and do take folks aback in it's inherent aptitude. Been more than a few checks cut this pass,after folks see 'er do it's thang in the flesh.

Conjoin the sanctity of throat/twist/COAL harmony and GREAT thangs will happen by literal default,less any downside. With glass given a thunk,a sane zero,schit be in DEEP DooDoo as an opening move. The BC bump from A-Max to ELD transition,is yet another scoop of goodness,heaped aboard an already exceptional platform.

WindowLickers will keep tryin' to talk the 22 Nuzzler purty.

Bless their hearts.

Laffin'!
Posted By: Seafire Re: 22 Nosler - 02/24/17
Hey Stumpy... Is your abused Tacoma out of the body shop after you sat it up on its side or you just going to leave it that way, to leave an air of how "macho" you are?

by the way, how long did it take for you to set up all of these rifles just right for the picture and then put them up... in your usual zeal to try to impress everybody on how many of everything you have?

[Linked Image]

Glad to get a chance to catch up..... I was impressed that under your Schtick name that you have dedicated your once a day post to a SINGLE THREAD for going on 2 months.. that is dedication to tell everyone what idiots they are almost every day for 2 months...

Its almost like you're the Don Rickles of Coastal Alaska....
same bald bowling ball size head... you aren't Jewish like Rickles are ya?

how's that first grade spelling tutorial coming along.. I think we are all seeing a slight improvement, that or your Lab is back to typing your post for ya....

have a good day getting your stuff all rusty and important things like that....

cheers Stumpy...
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 02/24/17
That was funny.....I dont care who you are.
Posted By: TWR Re: 22 Nosler - 02/24/17
Yep, boolits, boolits boolits.

Sometimes it's just as important to choose one that does less damage at calling range than to hit a coffee cup a mile away...

Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 02/24/17

Thanks for that Larry. Always interesting.
Posted By: HawkI Re: 22 Nosler - 02/24/17
No question Nosler insisted on fugging the goat in the same fashion the 223/15 is/was the same goatphug. That goatphug has a market that PPC/7.62x39 progeny doesn't have, no matter how much better the Apple system is over the Microsoft....

Nosler pimps tangents and, agin', theres more wares with .378 boltfaces, not your ware or her ware, but ALL wares...stupid is pretending their isn't.

Just like there's more 15s shucking once fired bulk brass reloads than virgin Lapooeys....probably even in most 223AIs.

If there was a market to end the mag box foreplay the military would have stuck to the 222 hull length, twisted quick and made a long bullet. Fourteen years later they could have done it again. Forty years later Nosler didnt do it probably because not enough people truly give a [bleep].

I hear that Savage case kicks the crap outta the 308 hull....
Posted By: Boxer Re: 22 Nosler - 02/27/17
Shefire,

You AMAZINGLY Clueless Drooling Dumbfhuqk,is there no end to your incredible STUPIDITY? Wow +P++! Congratulations?!?

Were you yet again reading my EVERY fhuqking word and EVERY fhuqking pixel and using your Imagination and Pretend to somehow concoct a DELUSION,that you have a first clue about anything,other than what it is like to always be on the outside looking in...you "lucky" kchunt. Laffin'!

Lemme pave the way. Pun be INfhuqkingtended. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't and the LAST thing I'd wanna do,is slight you the sweet "satisfactions" of flaunting your Imagination and it's Pretend,due the crux being beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension". At least you can Whine in the first hand and extoll upon your very WELL founded Insecurities at the same time. You "hard charger" you. Laffin'!

Pardon my using wares that exist,in pursuits that exist and in places that exist. Feel free to TRY to "convince" yourself that you "don't care",you heel nipping CLUELESS DUMBfhuqk. I know that ain't very "fair",though it is the facts. hint. Just sayin'. Laffin'!

Here's to the hilarity of you doing your BEST and it being so welllllllllll shy of being a base hit.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Jim Cumrag,

Nawwwww schit is a whole fhuqking bunch more than just a leetle funny and ain't it a hoot,that you's wellllllllll shy of an inkling. Tough to beat the humor of The Paper Hat Brigade's Delusional Dichotomies. Google it. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you CLUELESS Fhuqks hit full retreat on all things The Rifle,but do a bitchin' Vagina Monologue obliviously. What were the "odds"?!?

You cain't even "remember" the last time,your kchunt left the couch. Don't let the cat,getch'er tongue!

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

TWR,

I've gunned 10's of fhuqking 1000's of NBT's and the .224 55NBT is tough to swoon,from any angle. That no matter the chambering,mag constraints or application. As terminal affects go,they are an easy pass and the 75'Max and 75 ELD absolutely throttle them pieces of schit. In fairness however,their robustitude is markedly improved,at 22K-Hornet Fireform velocities,in sumptin' like a Beezer Marteenie. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Hell...80gr Sub's may suck there?!?(grin)

[Linked Image]

Now as a mechanical assertion goes in a Lazy Twisted .224",one could certainly cite the 50gr V-Max as a RELIABLE Test Bed vehicle,from which to pronounce mechanical merit(s). Them bastards is unfailing in their fhuqking splendor.

Pard all but ran me outta them in a 21" MTU contoured 1-14" Hart 223AI yesterday,flingin' 'em at 3700fps+,while steering same with a 10x MOA Quad Fixed Fhuqker.

Only 80MOA remaining on the erector after a 250yd Formed Zero...though the extry 40MOA on the windshield,do help the equation. Bottom most Bitch.

[Linked Image]

While a 3700fps Ping Pong Ball Launch may enthrall them that "know" less than nothing,it is a viciously Dirty Trick to whistle 20" Krunchenticker launched 75 ELD's alongside it,in like atmosphere...if only for copious context. Done it all day yesterday. Hint.(grin)

The astute can easily arrange to connect ALL dots,by sumptin' as simplistic as Boolit Sealecktchun. Unless of course one is talking Nuzzler and at the mercy of suffering their BEST "designs". Hint.(grin)

The Nuzzler 77gr .224" is a whopping piece of fhuqking schit and the 223 SALAMI out of a Krunchenticker,will happily squirt the 75 Hornie HPBT at 2850fps in a 20" spout ala Lever'. Nuzzler ain't gonna have ANY luck running their 55NBT or 77CC,against them facts. Easy for me to say,as I've shot all of them boolits and a schitload more,so extrapolations is easier than EASY.

I'll greedily take the 223 SALAMI Krunchenticker's 75gr Hornie HPBT flight characteristics and terminal attributes,over the 55NBT or 77CC,outta anythang. The 75 Hornie is amazingly robust at such launch/impact speeds,which are constants that Nuzzler can ONLY Dream about.

Now as to building/spec'ing a purpose built Krunchenticker(the purpose being Utility),the 22 Nuzzler offers amazingly little to the fray,not that the hype and fervor,ain't funnier than fhuqk!

In fairness however,nobody should be "suplized",because Nuzzler cain't spec' a fhuqking boltgun out either and hilariously botched throat/COAL/twist there too. At least they are consistent and undoubtedly,the LESS one "knows" or shoots,the "better" the Nuzzler "news" is. Laffin'! Gun Scribes should be fhuqking EMBARRASSED +P+++ for swooning sooooooo much schit,heaped into one fhuqking pile. What a dishonest "service",to the unsuspecting.

For conversation...15yd 223 SALAMI 75A-Max impact/exit,from a 2915fps Winter Time '335 Launch. Hint.

[Linked Image]

It's a right proper Mind Fhuqk,for them that don't shoot,that rugged reliability is as easily arranged at hair burnin' distances,as it is in a 10 Mil corrected .456BC 3050fps launched 250yd zero,Real Estate Crossing's terminus.

'Course there ain't many fhuqking boolits I ain't shot or got,so it's easy for me to say.(grin)

Here I was thinkin' The Fur Market wasn't soft and this make believe nonsense was really gonna make someone "rich",with the "spoils" of this new Nuzzler "offering"?!? Laffin'!

Same old schit with The Do NOTHING Gang. When it is all said and done...there is going to have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than done.

Take that to the bank.

Just sayin'.

3rd,

Facts never ain't not interesting...which is why I am at ease,in speaking matter of FACTLY.

Hint.

Hawk',

Joe Average ain't very bright,nor are his Scribes...as hilariously corroborated here!

Uncle Sam ain't the one to source for betterment.

Nor is Nuzzler.

Hint.

Laffin'!

Posted By: 222Rem Re: 22 Nosler - 02/28/17

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I've seen vehicles slide off roads like that in PARK, just from the crown in the road. The NHL could train teams on that stretch.

Toyos are OK when brand new, but once they hit their half-life, they're a formula for impromptu puckers on ice.
The road in the photos is a lose-lose with anything less than chains...........bumpy ride notwithstanding.
Posted By: TWR Re: 22 Nosler - 02/28/17
[Linked Image]
In fairness I should've had the 204 Montucky instead of the 22-250AI but when you need to kill coyotes and a cat shows up, the last thing I want is a 75 gr bullet. Been there and done that. Nor do I want anything .224 Vmax, seen that too.

Nor do I want the 22 Nosler in any guize so go easy on me there.

But cat season is over today, all the 55 gr Noslers (in 22-250AI) have been shot up and 75 A-max's replaced, scope re-zeroed and all is well.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 02/28/17
No idea what you are moaning about now boxer....I don't speak teenage girl.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 02/28/17
Visited with the gunsmith yesterday. He has 12 twist Lilja barrel ready. Probably going for .750 at the muzzle. Finish it at 26 inches. Take me some time to all the parts together.

If the for some reason the .22 Nosler does not pan out I might just go with his version of the .22x6.8.

Posted By: keith Re: 22 Nosler - 03/01/17
22 Grendel with long barrel is shooting the 75's at 3400 and winning some F class matches with some recorded 1" groups at 600 yards...way better than 22 Nosler in spades. 3 guys in N.C. are really smacking down a lot of guys hard with this case.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 03/01/17

Keith, that's all well and good but get some sleep man! 😀
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 22 Nosler - 03/01/17

We you able to keep it inside the cat?
Posted By: TWR Re: 22 Nosler - 03/01/17
No but it wasn't a big pile of fur either...
Posted By: JamesEssex Re: 22 Nosler - 03/01/17
Kansas and Alaska both need more "homes" where basic spelling and typing are taught.

Just saying.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: 22 Nosler - 03/01/17
Originally Posted by keith
22 Grendel with long barrel is shooting the 75's at 3400 and winning some F class matches with some recorded 1" groups at 600 yards...way better than 22 Nosler in spades.

And this is what Boxer was saying, for those who can read beyond the basics.
Posted By: JamesEssex Re: 22 Nosler - 03/02/17
Entertaining, but trying so hard for some attention.
Posted By: Boxer Re: 22 Nosler - 03/03/17
Deuce',

Have had EXCEPTIONAL "luck" with Toyo M/T's and they'll learn you bad habits,due their incredible abilities.

Didn't poke much more than 100 miles upon The Blue Bitch the day pictured and it were glazed start to finish and I never had a lick of trouble...with the whole World to myself for some reason.(grin)

I don't do chains...and am happy to let the 5100 Bilstein's up front wearing OME springs and the OME Dakar's in the stern with more Bilsteins,fend the "bumps" as I rally as per my whim.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I ain't much fun to try and keep pace with and it cracks me the fhuqk up,when folks try. That'd be gross understatement.

Hint.(grin)

TWR,

204's have yet to show me a thang and I MUCH prefer the 223/223AI to same. Shootin' same side by each,only rubs salt in that gapin' wound.(grin)

The 204 is for fair weather pursuits,but do not begin to make THE cut.

[Linked Image]

Ruger 204 is now an MTU contoured 1-8" 223AI fed ala DBM in a Mackamillion stock.

[Linked Image]

35 V-Max at 3030fps form load in K-Hornet...Bucklicious.

[Linked Image]

Cats & Fox are veddy veddy tender and I'd be gunning 17WSM there ala 6X MQ-titude. Chopped to 20" of course. Ruger fhuqked up and went Walnut insteada laminate,but they've got the 17WSM right'er than anyone else,thus far.

[Linked Image]

You 'bout had me talked into a 22 Nuzzler.

Laffin'!

JimCumrag,

You speak DUMBfhuqktitude fluently and are 100% absent a FIRST fhuqking clue. Congratulations?!?

You couldn't knock the "new" offa Used pair of boots,let alone pour the piss outta' 'em. Here's to the oblivious HILARITY,of you doing your absolute best!

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

keith,

You suck a mean ass. Congratulations?!?

You poor poor CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!.................

JamesHesucks,

Don't be too down on JamesCumrag,because she's doing her best...'course you are too. Congratulations?!?

Rest assured,I'm as at ease in sandbagging,as you CLUELESS Fhuqks are in talking out your asses. Hint.

I ain't no fhuqking fun to play Scrabble with and my MASTERY of Engleesh is without peer. Your stupidity is offa the fhuqking charts. Exceedingly GOOD call to refrain ALL thangs The Rifle and Whine instead. Hint.

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt. Just sayin'.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

DD,

It ain't ever been difficult to cypher who shoots and who don't. The LAST fhuqking thing I'd wanna do,is curtail a Window Licker's Imagination or Pretend.

I can ONLY make sense,to them who have same and that Dichotomy never ain't not resplendent in it's oblivious humor. All I gotta do is dangle some slack on the rope and CLUELESS Day Dreaming DUMB Fhuqks flock to same.

FUNNY fhuqking schit!

+P+++!

Laffin'!
Posted By: Seafire Re: 22 Nosler - 03/03/17
Originally Posted by 222Rem

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I've seen vehicles slide off roads like that in PARK, just from the crown in the road. The NHL could train teams on that stretch.

Toyos are OK when brand new, but once they hit their half-life, they're a formula for impromptu puckers on ice.
The road in the photos is a lose-lose with anything less than chains...........bumpy ride notwithstanding.

Unlike Stumpy, people with brains would have either used chains, or studded hydrophilic tires if they lived in environments that get those kind of road conditions...

Not like I haven't seen a lot of road like that in my life... and had to drive on them... but then Stumpy could have just stayed home...

love how when he screws up, he makes excuses... anyone else he does nothing but slam them... but then again, that's Stumpy's appeal to many...

going slow in low lock and having proper tires would have helped preventing him parking his truck, on its side...

but then again, Stumpy parked it that way purpose.. saved putting pressure on his tires, springs shocks etc...

ya gotta love the little QBall...probably thinks we get no snow and ice in the lower 48....

as I said, you can tell who knows how to drive and those who don't... grin
Posted By: jackmountain Re: 22 Nosler - 03/04/17
I claim no expertise in the identification of light truck under carriages..... But pretty sure that ain't a Toyota.

Let that lip heal up a little before you get it hooked again.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 03/04/17
Oh, sugar mouth. Hush.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: 22 Nosler - 03/04/17
Deuce',

Have had EXCEPTIONAL "luck" with Toyo M/T's and they'll learn you bad habits,due their incredible abilities.

Didn't poke much more than 100 miles upon The Blue Bitch the day pictured and it were glazed start to finish and I never had a lick of trouble...with the whole World to myself for some reason.(grin)

I don't do chains...and am happy to let the 5100 Bilstein's up front wearing OME springs and the OME Dakar's in the stern with more Bilsteins,fend the "bumps" as I rally as per my whim.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks for the positive report on OME/Bilstein. I've slummed a Rancho 1.5" kit for 20yrs, and I'm tired of both the ride and their "lifetime" struts. The old girl has at least another decade left in her, so I've got a short list of things planned..............and suspension is at the top.

I've outgrown the idea of becoming the next Ivan Stewart, but I would like a softer ride and to quit cupping tires.
Posted By: Seafire Re: 22 Nosler - 03/05/17
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I claim no expertise in the identification of light truck under carriages..... But pretty sure that ain't a Toyota.

Let that lip heal up a little before you get it hooked again.

Well I see the Schtick Emergency Response Team is active...

The Little Q Ball is more than capable of standing up and defending himself...

But I am sure he appreciates the assistance...

you guys always think I dislike Schtick...Actually I enjoy the Squirt as much as anybody...

besides he lives for this criticism... doesn't matter what the subject is... he loves to get on his stump and bark the ferocity of the typical ChiHuaHua...

and so Jack, I take it that you don't know if its a Toyota or not...but does that matter?

Besides I could cut and paste pretty much what Stumpy's response will be, from many of his previous posts... it doesn't change much....

back on topic... Stumpy's right on the 22 Nosler...

a 100 to 150 fps increase in velocity, and that's it...so it'll run thru the AR.. seems a PPC or BR case has that covered and then some...

one case I've seen that interests me as a varmint case, is some of this Russian made stuff for the AK74....Don't know much about it, but have picked up some of its brass at the range..

that makes more practical sense than the 22 Nosler also...
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: 22 Nosler - 03/06/17
I'm kind of underwhelmed on the 22 Nosler myself.

Besides getting an AR running that accepts AK mags, I think I'm gonna convert one of the AR10's to a 6.5 Creedmoor
Posted By: HawkI Re: 22 Nosler - 03/06/17
Running a 22 Nosler in a '15 is a huge compromise....its like running Toyo M/Ts on a sheet of ice.

Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 03/06/17
It will shoot 40's and 50's faster than a .223.

Works for me.

Stick is correct on the limitations of what Nosler did; but they designed it in the same vein the 223 was cajoled into the too short action to begin with. The 15 was prefaced on the tangent 55gr..

Slapped and throated in the 700, the 22 Nosler will fare well.

Its still going to be crammed into Vixen sized actions easier than PPC boltface alterations, even if COAL is limited with long, secant ogive tipped bullets. Just like the 223/223AI is.

Fwiw, the new Nosler cases here measure 1.748; new WW and RP 223's are 1.750-1.753.

Once fired LE Lake City Match 1.758-1.760.....
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 03/06/17
You think it will be popular in a properly sized bolt action?

I see Nosler is offering it in their bolt rifles.

I dont know.

Folks building on a 700 should go to the 250 hull for maximum boiler room.

Someone wanting to go the biggest on the .478 case head would do the Nosler and should get exactly what they want in a 700 action using a 308 mag.

If one wanted the 700 with the ability to use 15 mags, they shouldn't tout the 223 hull, either. Like I said, the 75 Hornady Match is going to be as good as it gets for high BC bullets be it a 223 or 22 Nosler in a 15 mag. They're the same case length for all intents and on paper. Get a trimmer if the semantics require one.

Ive said all along the military should have made the 15 work for the 222 Mag case. Everything since then (take a look at how messed up the 223 trials were) has been a compromise and the need for heavier bullets that resulted has only made things more so.

The bottom line is that in ARs the Nosler case exceeds the 223 and does so at the same or less pressre

Getting the PPC case in that action surely is better for the marksman, but making it work everytime in military guise might be asking too much.
Posted By: Boxer Re: 22 Nosler - 03/07/17
Shefire,

I getta kick outta you wondering why you are an Opiate Addled Bedpan Polishin' Candy Striper for a "living". You are reliably THE Dumbest of Fhuqks. Congratulations?!?

You can ALMOST tell a fullsized pickup from a Taco' TRD. Kudos on your ability to suck a mean ass.

REALLY enjoyed your "case design" "talk" too!!!!

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

'mountain,

She can only do the best she can,given her "means","abilities" and "comprehension".

I enjoy how "real" her Imagination and Pretend are to her.

Laffin'!

JimCumrag,

Your EPIC Stupidity never disappoints. Congratulations?!?

Given your "prowess",you could work for Nuzzler! You STUPID Fhuqks NEVER disappoint.

Bless your heart,

Laffin'!

Deuce,

I've had piles of different suspensions,upon a herd of 'yota's and this melding is simply sinister.

It is nice to hammer down the road and have the tires stick where you wish,with the suspension more than doing it's job,to keep coffee in the cup.

I couldn't begin to say enough good thangs about a Taco TURD wearing such mechanics and tread.

KILLER set up.

'cal,

The 22 Nuzzler is an EPIC Goat Fhuqk and has absolutely nothing "going" for it,other than outright fhuqking STUPIDITY.

I'd not mind tossing a Kreedmire spout,upon a 10 of mine. 105's at 2900fps in a 243 SALAMI Krunchenticker do not suck,but that Kreedmire BC potential is in another realm of excellence.

It'll be my next '10.

Hawk',

I'll happily sport the Toyo M/T's and their corked Icetitude,over all others. Nothing can hang with The Blue Bitch,though lotsa folks have come in wayyyyy distant second trying.

In a 700,I'll happily take 223AI logistics/performance,over any/all thangs 22 Nuzzler. Doubt I've been around much more than (50) 223AI Big Green Based Bolt Guns. At least you "get" to read about it. Laffin'!

The A1/Vixen is no joy in 223/223AI...unless Ping Pong Balls horn you up. Have gunned the platform more than a smidge and it's an easy pass. Now of course same in PPC,will happily go 22 Grendel and reap more than sufficient COAL to launch upper echelon BC's...just as it do in '15 confines. The PPC/Grendel is a vastly superior vessel in a A1's and AR's. Hint.

A1 223AI wearing PN 1-12" S/S contour dupe in a Mackamillion Sako Classic handle...second from right. Multiple Big green versions of same chambering,also alongside. Hint.

[Linked Image]

I enjoy the notion,that your Imagination and Pretend grant you the Delusion,that you've seen ANY of this in the flesh!

Now you can say you've "seen" a 700 wearing AR-15 flavored DBM. Re-laffin'! Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bottom line is,the 22 Nuzzler is a fhuqking joke and it's easy to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Feel free to poke as many of my pics in "your" album,as it takes for you to "convince" yourself,that you have a first fhuqking clue. It "works" "great" for Shefire!

Bless your hearts.

Laffin'!
Posted By: Seafire Re: 22 Nosler - 03/07/17
Isn't Schtick "Awesum"..

never in the history of man has someone utilized and gotten so much out of two brain cells...

By the way....

People don't "suck asses" in the lower 48 Stumpy...

Must be an Alaska Thing.... Hint...

Off course, you can afford not to have to think... which can be obvious at times...
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 03/07/17
I could go outside and throw all my stuff in a stock tank....get it all nice and waterlogged....but I wont. Seems a bit dumb.....

The pictures are neat..just not worth the retardation of having to read the captions.

I think I will still use that 12 twist barrel I have for a 22 Nosler.

Should get the 40's traveling a bit over 3900.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 22 Nosler - 03/07/17
That's pretty good Seafire.

Nice and "trendiegh".
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: 22 Nosler - 03/14/17
Originally Posted by HawkI
Like I said, the 75 Hornady Match is going to be as good as it gets for high BC bullets be it a 223 or 22 Nosler in a 15 mag. They're the same case length for all intents and on paper. Get a trimmer if the semantics require one.

Hawk,

The Sierra 69gr and 77gr TMKs and the Berger 70gr VLD have a bit better BC than the 75gr Hor HPBT and work when loaded to 2.260.

Hornady has the 73gr ELD out now and it should be a good choice for AR mag length from the 1.750 length cases.

Originally Posted by Lil Fish

Hey guys I just got me a new AR barrel in a 22 Grendel variant.

When I run the paper ballistics it looks really good.

I am so busy staging pictures that I don't know hen I could actually use it in the field, any one willing to post a picture so i can see what one looks like in the field?

Thanks guys

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire