Home
Posted By: smokinbarrels Frog Lube - 08/16/12
Anyone have any input for long term use of Frog Lube? I've talked with a few people that have only been using it for a couple months. I would like some opinions from some one that has been using it for a while. Good or bad reviews, I'd like to hear about it.
Posted By: greatscott Re: Frog Lube - 08/19/12
I have been using Frog lube for a while now. I don't use anything else now. It makes pistol rails slick and cleaning a breeze. I shoot lead and with the bore coated with F.L. the lead comes right out.
Posted By: smokinbarrels Re: Frog Lube - 08/23/12
Good to hear greatscott, thank you!
Posted By: iambrb Re: Frog Lube - 11/01/12
FROG lUBE?
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Frog Lube - 11/06/12
You mean Bull Frog?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: smokinbarrels Re: Frog Lube - 11/25/12
Nope. I really do mean Frog Lube

http://www.froglube.com/roothome.htm
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Frog Lube - 04/26/21
I have used it and it seems to work well. I did hear someone say it changed the color of the metal but didn’t see it so take that with a grain of salt. Seems like pretty good stuff.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Frog Lube - 04/28/21
I used it for awhile, probably overused it as it got gummy on some guns. The key is to try and rub it all off once you apply it, that leaves the correct amount on. I’m switching back to synthetic motor oil for lube now.
Posted By: Boxerdog Re: Frog Lube - 05/03/21
It gummed up a friends firing pin on a rifle and he didn’t get a shot off on a deer.... I wouldn’t use it on pistols either
Posted By: gene270 Re: Frog Lube - 05/04/21
i use it on rifle bolts and am very happy with it....use it sparingly doesnt take a whole lot...
i run all my firing pins dry, wouldnt use frog lube on them if anything just something for corrosion and that would be a film of something
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Frog Lube - 05/07/21
I bought some after seeing a corrosion protection test; liquid and paste. Smells nice. Seems they expect you to use the whole system, which I’m not going to do, so I mainly use it on wiping rags.
Posted By: RugerHornet Re: Frog Lube - 05/07/21
i know this has been revived but: Yea Pappy, i saw that test too; i been using it for about 6 years, no problems BUT i saw a video on foxpro
(still there) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FapuoQP6Uy0 on applying it. EXCEPT
I strip the firearm, clean pieces in very hot soapy water, (like i used to clean my old black powder poles) then rinse off with hot boiling water, use heat gun till part i am going to apply it to is almost too hot to handle then rub froglube on it, set it aside, hit the next piece of metal, after an hour or so there is a white hazy film on the metal, buff it off with a soft rag. Its usually the first thing i do to a new firearm, (i don’t heat the springs)

Then i use very lightly on a sm piece of rag i keep arround with it on it when cleaning after a range session or two or finished hunting with that firearm. More on the patch to clean the barrel.

Never any gummy problems or issues with firing pins or sliding actions, did same with AR. i could see that if you did not do the heat process it could maybe cause issues.

Guess i didn’t realize its been that long ago, so should probably give the older ones another coat, also it did not affect the finish on the ruger american predator barrel, as yet no rust on anything. The can i bought, i have probably given away more than i have used myself, a little bit goes a long way.
Thats my experience with it. still using it.
Posted By: HunterShooter58 Re: Frog Lube - 05/30/21
I have several Family members in the military special forces, that rave about it! We started using it on our hunting weapons a few yrs. ago, in extreme conditions and are very pleased with it!
Posted By: g5m Re: Frog Lube - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by Boxerdog
It gummed up a friends firing pin on a rifle and he didn’t get a shot off on a deer.... I wouldn’t use it on pistols either

I tossed mine. Tried it on a semi-auto bolt as told to and it gummed it up to make it almost impossible to move. After heating it in the sun it softened and the bolt wsa okay.

I'm glad others have had better experiences.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Frog Lube - 10/21/21
Frog Lube paste was great for smearing under your lawn mower deck to keep grass from sticking.
Posted By: foamantelope Re: Frog Lube - 11/02/23
Frog lube is good stuff. Wilson combat light oil is good as well.
© 24hourcampfire