Home
Posted By: killahog Iguana recipe - 02/19/22
I shot a few iguanas in Florida and need a recipe . Thanks
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Iguana recipe - 02/20/22
For chum? I saw a “Dirty Jobs” episode where he shot iguanas in Florida and processed them. The smell was so bad it gagged the camera man!
Posted By: tmitch Re: Iguana recipe - 02/20/22
Might want to get ahold of deflave, he was blasting those lizards after he moved to Florida
Posted By: fink65 Re: Iguana recipe - 02/21/22
Drive to your favorite take-out. Eat. Drive somewhere and bury the iguanas. Go home and wash your hands.
Posted By: killahog Re: Iguana recipe - 02/21/22

When I cleaned them the process was easy and they didn't smell any worse than cleaning a rabbit or squirrel .
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Iguana recipe - 02/21/22
Do people really eat them?
Posted By: DouginLa Re: Iguana recipe - 02/21/22
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Do people really eat them?

People eat Nutria. Just another source of protein.
Posted By: PennDog Re: Iguana recipe - 02/21/22
Never met a reptile or amphibian that wasn’t edible and pretty darn good (snapping turtle, frogs legs, alligator, snake, etc….) - haven’t had an opportunity for iguana yet but can’t imagine that they wouldn’t be good too?!!! Bet an internet search would produce a few recipes (actually just did one and came up with a bunch of recipes - one called them “chicken of the trees”😄…..looks like they could be very good!!).

What is the gun of choice for an iguana? Sounds like fun and you’ll have to let us know how they turned out?!!

PennDog
Posted By: 44mc Re: Iguana recipe - 02/22/22
they will fry up like frog legs . just keep the batter lite
Posted By: killahog Re: Iguana recipe - 02/22/22
Originally Posted by PennDog
Never met a reptile or amphibian that wasn’t edible and pretty darn good (snapping turtle, frogs legs, alligator, snake, etc….) - haven’t had an opportunity for iguana yet but can’t imagine that they wouldn’t be good too?!!! Bet an internet search would produce a few recipes (actually just did one and came up with a bunch of recipes - one called them “chicken of the trees”😄…..looks like they could be very good!!).

What is the gun of choice for an iguana? Sounds like fun and you’ll have to let us know how they turned out?!!

PennDog
. Thanks for the info . The gun I am using is a FX M3 22 caliber pellet gun, it is on the cutting edge of air rifles and I can shoot nearly 200 shots at the same velocity with a 25 Grain pellet before I have to recharge thereservoir . The reason I use a airgun is they are legal to shoot anywhere in florida . with the land owners permission or on any city or state owned property . I was walking down main street in Weston Florida yesterday wacking them.
Posted By: BKS Re: Iguana recipe - 06/26/22
How did they turn out? Have friends with a vacation home near Miami and are over run with them. Hope to go whack some soon.
Posted By: Winchestermodel70 Re: Iguana recipe - 06/27/22
Used to live in S FL.

A non-native nuisance. Watch them fall out of the trees during the first cold snap of the year.
Posted By: deflave Re: Iguana recipe - 06/28/22
I don't have a recipe.

When my son and I were killing them I gave them to a friend from Panama and he cooked them up. Taste like a mix of pork and chicken.

Very good.
© 24hourcampfire