Home
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Squirrels a plenty - 12/24/12
Took off Monday and killed a limit of 10 (8 young) and took the boys yesterday and we killed 19 (15 young). Just the opposite of last year when I couldn't kill a young squirrel to save my life. They are all fat as heck with most coming off of walnut or black oak trees. Still haven't gotten the 17HM2 out yet, but did one-shot a big red at 110 yards with the Kimber and SK match ammo.

Just fried up 5 of them for breakfast, YUM.
Posted By: kawi Re: Squirrels a plenty - 12/26/12
Sounds just about right.
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Squirrels a plenty - 12/26/12
My two squirrel rifle are a CZ 22 that I shoot with Winchester Sub-sonic, and a CZ 17HM2.

Love them both and they kill a lot of squirrels for me if I can find them. Squirrel hunting in Maryland and West Virginia has been almost non-existent for the last three years.

This year looks a lot different. Plan to kill a lot of squirrels this year.

Steve
Posted By: maddog Re: Squirrels a plenty - 12/27/12
If the weather straightens up, I hope to get out for a few more squirrel hunts, before our season goes out at the end of January.

maddog
Posted By: fat_daddy Re: Squirrels a plenty - 12/29/12
cool
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: Squirrels a plenty - 12/29/12
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Took off Monday and killed a limit of 10 (8 young) and took the boys yesterday and we killed 19 (15 young). Just the opposite of last year when I couldn't kill a young squirrel to save my life. They are all fat as heck with most coming off of walnut or black oak trees. Still haven't gotten the 17HM2 out yet, but did one-shot a big red at 110 yards with the Kimber and SK match ammo.

Just fried up 5 of them for breakfast, YUM.

Sounds tasty bud! Your recipe if you time?
Posted By: rem141r Re: Squirrels a plenty - 12/29/12
snow kind of messed up my plans here. i find they tend to hunker down in the snow around here. waiting for the first sunny day above freezing and then me and my boys will be heading out for a squirrel safari. they each got 77/22's for christmas and are chomping at the bit to get out and try them.
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Squirrels a plenty - 12/30/12
Lucky boys, great rifles that will last them and their children a life's worth of hunting.
© 24hourcampfire