Home
Posted By: schoolmarm Skwerl Season - 05/14/15
Opens tomorrow. Got to work but will go soon as I get off. Will have to limp around as I have a cast on but not going to miss our first ever spring season.
Posted By: RWE Re: Skwerl Season - 05/14/15
spring squirrel season?

blasphemy....
Posted By: maddog Re: Skwerl Season - 05/14/15
schoolmarm, GAWD I'm soo jealous! Have a ball, and report back with pics! grin

maddog
Posted By: Ella Re: Skwerl Season - 05/14/15
Yeah, have a great time. (Mutter, grumble, piss, moan, sulk.)
Posted By: ilikemilitaria Re: Skwerl Season - 05/14/15
Originally Posted by maddog
schoolmarm, GAWD I'm soo jealous! Have a ball, and report back with pics! grin

maddog

same here.. i am on the count down for our Aug. 1 opening day..

good luck!
dave
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: Skwerl Season - 05/14/15
BTW, bought my grandson (4 1/2) his first rifle. Got a Cricket .22. Am amazed how accurate the little rifle is with peep sight. Went on and mounted a Cricket scope. Can't wait to give it to him and help him shoot this weekend.
Posted By: Ella Re: Skwerl Season - 05/15/15
I've heard those things shot well. Knew a guy kept one in the truck because it was so handi-sized.

Ella
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: Skwerl Season - 05/15/15
Yup, my buddy came over and shot it. "Dang you, guess you know I have to get one now". Hehehe, heck I may buy another one..
Posted By: ilikemilitaria Re: Skwerl Season - 05/16/15
Originally Posted by schoolmarm
Yup, my buddy came over and shot it. "Dang you, guess you know I have to get one now". Hehehe, heck I may buy another one..

what ammo are you using in it?

dave
Posted By: MOGC Re: Skwerl Season - 05/16/15
Missouri's season opens next Saturday, ten is the daily limit. There is a bumper crop this spring.
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: Skwerl Season - 05/16/15
Originally Posted by ilikemilitaria
Originally Posted by schoolmarm

what ammo are you using in it?

dave

Some of everything, sorta mixed bag. Tried some CB Longs, Shorts, standard vel, high vel, and Stingers. All worked fine. The standard vel is what I sighted the scope in with..
Posted By: RelodR Re: Skwerl Season - 05/17/15
Good Luck!! Our season is open now. I have given the local varmints fair warning of my new hunting rig by shooting it all winter :)- but they haven't took heed 'cause there are a bunch of them hanging around(fewer now smile. Eley 10x, Savage rifle , and huntertown arms suppressor = squirrel in the pot.
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: Skwerl Season - 05/17/15
Originally Posted by RelodR
Good Luck!! Our season is open now. I have given the local varmints fair warning of my new hunting rig by shooting it all winter :)- but they haven't took heed 'cause there are a bunch of them hanging around(fewer now smile. Eley 10x, Savage rifle , and huntertown arms suppressor = squirrel in the pot.

That is a limbrat sniping rig, sounds like. Going this evening after church. Got to put a bag over my cast to keep the rain out. Gonna try a new to me Browning Grade 2 Auto.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Skwerl Season - 05/17/15
You might want to tape your left sleeve to keep the hot brass out. Hot brass down the sleeve instantly made me a hater of Browning 22 Autos and its Remington 241 clone.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Skwerl Season - 05/18/15
Originally Posted by MOGC
Missouri's season opens next Saturday, ten is the daily limit. There is a bumper crop this spring.

my boys are wanting to hit em hard this year!
Posted By: ilikemilitaria Re: Skwerl Season - 05/18/15
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

jim, pretty sure i either sold you, or your boy one of my Winchester model 74's a while back... Are they hunting with that one at all?

I have to wait till Aug. 1st for season over here..

dave
Posted By: Ella Re: Skwerl Season - 05/18/15
Any luck?
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: Skwerl Season - 05/18/15
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
You might want to tape your left sleeve to keep the hot brass out. Hot brass down the sleeve instantly made me a hater of Browning 22 Autos and its Remington 241 clone.

It's 85* here, will be hunting in tshirt..
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Skwerl Season - 05/18/15
Black tie optional...
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Skwerl Season - 05/19/15

jim, pretty sure i either sold you, or your boy one of my Winchester model 74's a while back... Are they hunting with that one at all?

dave

that 74 and a remington model 5 will be toted by the boys. that 74 shoots very well.
Posted By: ilikemilitaria Re: Skwerl Season - 05/19/15

dave

that 74 and a remington model 5 will be toted by the boys. that 74 shoots very well.

Great! nice to hear that..

dave
© 24hourcampfire