Home
Posted By: maddog 3 weeks from today........ - 07/25/16
....is the opening of limb chicken season, here in Indiana. If it ain't storming or 100 degrees in the shade, I'll be out there amoungst em! grin
Whatcha gonna be shootin' them with this year?
Posted By: ingwe Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 07/25/16
you suck....
Would hate to have to wait that long to hunt em. Our season opens around Memorial Day weekend. Get to kill some young 'uns.
ingwe, just came thought some of that country.. I used to like squirrel hunting, but they can have that humid, sticky, hot, bug infested country.. I'll take ground squirrels every time..
Posted By: ingwe Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 07/25/16
WCH...we need to check out that country by the lake above Lovell...I was told the bottoms are stiff with fox squirrel....
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 07/26/16
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Whatcha gonna be shootin' them with this year?

Primarily, I'm gonna use my camo 10/22. I dropped a BX trigger in it, and added a 3-9x Simmons 22 mag, on board. The scope has a 50 yd. paralax. My other .22s will be there for stand by..... grin
ingwe, I will try and do that.. We have company the next two weeks, but after the 6th or 7th of Aug. we will be traveling again.. On our return to town, I will try and stop in that area and check things out..
Posted By: ingwe Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 07/26/16
And I'll be just across the border in Sept/oct. so I may stick my head in there too..
Good plan.
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 07/31/16
Well boys, I'm counting the days. Time to go 2 wks. from tomorrow. grin
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/05/16
Down to 10 days. In honor of the upcoming season, I thawed out the remaining squirrels, and fried/baked them all.

I had fried squill and a ripe tomato for lunch, and cold fried squill and a fried green tomato for supper[mama's out of town]. All washed down with a big ole glass of ice tea!grin

Gonna go to the basement and wash my camos directly.

maddog
Posted By: Gus Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/06/16
the start here is on 15 aug. don't know if it's a local thing, but i don't believe the squirrels i've been seeing have the number of wolves in them that they do in some years.

some years they seem more prevalent than others. it suits me if i never see another wolve.
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/07/16
Well, it opens a week from tomorrow. Got my camos washed and treated with permithrin. Loaded all my other goodies for the hunt, in the back of my truck. Can't wait! grin
Posted By: tzone Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/09/16
Ours opens in MN and WI on the 17th of September. I'll be in one spot or the other!

Exciting times coming. The shotgun won't leave the truck unless we're in the woods and the 20ga shells will be rolling around the floor until January.
Posted By: bea175 Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/10/16
Sept 3
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/13/16
Well, day after tomorrow is opening day, here in Indiana. Looking forward to it, as usual. Sure hope the weather cooperates.

maddog
Posted By: ingwe Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/13/16
You suck.
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/14/16
Weather isn't looking to promising, for opening day. Thunderstorm threat in the morning. frown

BTW Tom, I'll think about you every time I pull the trigger, on a limb chicken, over the next 5 1/2 mos. grin

maddog
Posted By: ingwe Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/14/16
YOU TURBO SUCK! cry

I may sneak down to Wyoming, pay their outrageous fee for a day pass and kill some squirrels...its right next to my bunny wabbit place....
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/15/16
Heading out the door in 2 hrs. May get rained out, but I'm gonna give it a shot.
Yup! a Month from today we can hunt here in Michigan but wish you Good luck on your Hunt!
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/15/16
Well, so much for opening day...... Got rained out, 15 minutes after I got there. It's still raining, and supposed to keep it up for the next two days..... frown
Posted By: bea175 Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/15/16
Originally Posted by maddog
Well, so much for opening day...... Got rained out, 15 minutes after I got there. It's still raining, and supposed to keep it up for the next two days..... frown

squirrel feed and move the best when raining
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/16/16
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by maddog

squirrel feed and move the best when raining

May be, but not when we got 3 1/2+"s in the last 24 hrs. Squirrel season will start for me in the next day or two. grin
Posted By: maddog Re: 3 weeks from today........ - 08/17/16
No rain in sight this morning. Heading out the door in about 30 minutes.

maddog
© 24hourcampfire