Home
Posted By: Troutnut Squirrel hunt - 09/12/16
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwNlbgVVMkEeUWp3eXkwc0xpRms/view?usp=docslist_api Went out this morning, seemed to be perfect weather. No squirrels though, saw a few deer but couldn't find a squirrel to pose with the shotgun on the log. 1915 Winchester model 12 in 16 ga.
Posted By: BigDogBoogie Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/12/16
You have good taste in squirrel guns! smile A model 12 in 16 gauge is still darn hard to beat.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/12/16
Thank you, yeah I agree. I have several other model 12s. Those and the early Wingmasters were the best looking, best handling pumps made in my opinion.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/12/16
I love the old Model 12's especially in 16 or 20 gad
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/13/16
I have always thought it was interesting, the similarities between the Win Model 12, Ithaca 37 & the Browning BPS. Though I can appreciate the Model 12's, I more admire the BPS. Mine is the smoothest clackety-clack I have ever handled.

Posted By: Troutnut Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/13/16
Bps and Ithaca 37s are great guns. I just never got used to the bottom eject on them .
Posted By: rem141r Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/13/16
i use my grand dads 1918 win 1912 12 gauge every year for fall turkey. i carry my s&w mod 18 for the squirrels though because i don't like eating shot in my potpie. when i was a kid i used that 1912 for squirrel and shot a truckload.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/24/16
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Bps and Ithaca 37s are great guns. I just never got used to the bottom eject on them .

I never owned one of them, but I bought a Wingmaster off a fellow, because it ejected out the side. He duck hunted a lot and reloaded, and the side ejection cause him to loose too many hulls. Paid $120 for a 2 year old 3" mod. plain barrel.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/24/16
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by Troutnut

I never owned one of them, but I bought a Wingmaster off a fellow, because it ejected out the side. He duck hunted a lot and reloaded, and the side ejection cause him to loose too many hulls. Paid $120 for a 2 year old 3" mod. plain barrel.
Want to make $50 off of it 😆. Just kidding, Wingmasters are great shotguns , i have a few of those too.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/24/16
I bought my first one in 1977, paid $180 new 3" full choke vent rib barrel. Dad has the same shotgun, also.

Few years later, got to hunting ducks a lot and wanted a mod barrel, and I would just change barrels to whichever I needed. Barrel cost more than I paid for my gun, so I did without, until that deal came along.
Posted By: Phillip_Nesmith Re: Squirrel hunt - 09/24/16
Oops posted wrong place for some readon.....
Posted By: IMR4350 Re: Squirrel hunt - 10/06/16
I will be heading out again this weekend with my Remington 870 12 GA. I am mainly after turkeys so thats why I am using the 12. If I can get a turkey tag filled I have an Ithaca M 37 in 20 GA that I am wanting to try out.
© 24hourcampfire