Home
Posted By: Buzz Recommend a scope for a TC Omega - 11/02/23
Title says it all - curious how many of you use ML specific scopes or just a regular 3x9 etc scope.

This rifle is used once a year for a couple of hunts for the GA ML hunt. I want to take the scope on it and use on another rifle so I'm curious what people's preference is for inline ML scopes? What do you NOT like?

Price point would ideally be 300 bucks or less only because it's used once a year but I'm open to just about anything.
Nikon made a scope called the Omega specifically for this muzzleloader. It has aim points for out to 250 yards. They are inexpensive if you can find one.
Bushnell Elite 4500 2.5-10 is on sale for $220, that’s a great deal imo. Made in Korea. The 4-16 is on sale too if you want higher magnification.
Originally Posted by Buzz
Title says it all - curious how many of you use ML specific scopes or just a regular 3x9 etc scope.

This rifle is used once a year for a couple of hunts for the GA ML hunt. I want to take the scope on it and use on another rifle so I'm curious what people's preference is for inline ML scopes? What do you NOT like?

Price point would ideally be 300 bucks or less only because it's used once a year but I'm open to just about anything.

I run 15-20 muzzleloaders with scope s for a program and my personal use.

I like dedicated MZ scopes for my personal rifles to set them up for drops and hold-overs - Leopold Ultimate Slam was the preferred, followed by the Omega, then Redfield.

The program rifles have a basic 100 yard zero that covers the needs of the users, and they're not expected to take long range shots while using the rifle.

The program scopes are a mix of Simmons, Bushnell, Redfield, Sig Sauer, and whatever I have available that is holding zero - they are generally in the 2-8, 1.5-6, or 3-9 power range.

The only new scope that has my attention is Crimson Trace Brushline Pro with the MZ BDC reticle - they're pretty good glass, seem repeatable, and well priced.
I am running a Burris FF II on one of mine that I will shoot to 200 yards at game with 90 gr of bh209 and a shockwave bullet. Just killed one at 180ish yards this week. The drop on the bdc reticle is a nice plus. The other has a leupold vx2 2-7. That one is a 100 yard gun for the nephew with a 70 gr charge of bh209 by volume and a 240 gr xtp mag. Longer eye relief was desired even with the lighter charge for him.
I have two T/C muzzleloaders one with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 and one with Burris FF II 4.5-14 BDC reticle. both scopes work just fine on my ML's. No problem shooting out to 200yds.
Mine wears a 4.5-14x50 VX3-HD. I use mine even after muzzleloader season.
I second the Nikon Omega with BDC reticle. I've had one on my T/C Omega since I bought it (was mounted at factory) and it has been great. You can pick them up on the Bay of E for pretty reasonable price.
I use a Sightron SII, 3-9x42 on my Omega.
Vortex PST Gen 2
1-5 power
I had a Leopold 2x7 x33 on my TC Omega . I think a 2x7 x40mm would be better . I think that with Smoke poles , at least for me, a bright low power scope with a big cross hair is more important . I seldom shoot a deer more than 50 yds out anyway and by the time muzzleloader season starts in Wisconsin, the deer hardly move much before closing so it can be very dim out there in the marsh.
Leupold ultimate slam for me. Really happy with them.
got a burris fullfield II 3 x 9 on mine,
© 24hourcampfire