Home
Just finished a new hunting pouch (dyed with vinegaroon) for my original circa 1850 percussion combination gun. 51 calibre/ 20 bore. Original unmarked flask. Annual spring break hog hunt in a couple of weeks!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Fine rig, you ready to sell me that little .36 half stock yet ? smile
Nice outfit. Good luck on the hunt.
Bob, That looks great bring it next time you come down, I need your help killing pigs. Rio7
Originally Posted by Lslite
Fine rig, you ready to sell me that little .36 half stock yet ? smile

LOL!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nope!!! I’m taking it with me on the hunt too! It’s a proven pig nailer!!!! I do like that little rifle

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by RIO7
Bob, That looks great bring it next time you come down, I need your help killing pigs. Rio7

Will do! Thanks Blue
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
Nice outfit. Good luck on the hunt.

Much obliged ol’ friend!
Looks great Bob! Color me jealous! 😬
I’ve killed quite a few hogs with my 54 cal TC Hawken at the Ranch over the years.
Nothing like the smell of real Black Powder burning at the time of ignition!
Very nice hunting bag. What’s vinegaroon? I like the color a lot.
Beautiful rifles on display too. 👍👍
Originally Posted by SS336
Very nice hunting bag. What’s vinegaroon? I like the color a lot.
Beautiful rifles on display too. 👍👍

Vinegaroon is an old, traditional leather dye made of distilled white vinegar and iron filings. I use #0000 steel wool in my concoction. Gives you a black olor and is real easy on the leather.
Very cool. 😎👍
Therein lies a well nigh perfect hunting combo! Out of curiosity have you targeted it with ball in the smoothbore barrel?
Kill them all
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Therein lies a well nigh perfect hunting combo! Out of curiosity have you targeted it with ball in the smoothbore barrel?

Yes!!! Almost dead on at 50 yds with a .600RB, 70 grains FFFG, and .010" patch. Maybe just a tad low.

Rifle barrel = .500 RB, same 70 grains, and .015" patch. Deadly at 50! Just a bit high. But Hold at 6 O’ clock and It will make pork!
Originally Posted by hanco
Kill them all

Trapped a damn nasty boar night before last here on the place. Somewhere between 150-175 pounder. Now I got another a little bigger coming in!!! And some eaters!!!
👍👍
© 24hourcampfire