Home
Posted By: Feral_American Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 03/02/24
A master of his craft.....

Posted By: deerstalker Re: Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 03/02/24
the man is a magician with barrels.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 03/02/24
👍👍👍
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 03/02/24
Well worth the drive to take your work to him rather than ship it. His shop is a monument to old-school analog technology. If you enjoy being surrounded by drilling, reaming, rifling machines, and lathes and mills with more barrels and raw steel stacked around than you can imagine, on a floor caked with dried oil and grease in a small wooden building heated by a big old wood stove then you've attained nirvana. The man is the real deal.

I grew up and lived all of my adult life a mere hour or so in any direction from him. First wandered into his shop back in the late 80's when i needed an 1861 Springfield barrel lined. Went along with a buddy who had commissioned a swamped ML barrel for his project and I took the .58 barrel along to see what's what. That Springfield barrel turned out to be a cloverleaf shooter at 100 yards off the bench. Many years passed and last fall another buddy needed an original .36 Ohio-style half stock barrel freshened so I took him to Bobby Hoyt's. The commission took about 5 minutes to finalize but it then took us about an hour to get out of there because Mr. Hoyt likes to talk (as did we)! The freshened barrel, now a .40, prints its balls into cloverleafs at 50 yards.
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 03/03/24
He has done several for me and they all shot better than I can. Great work, outstanding Gent.
Posted By: Pashooter Re: Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 03/15/24
Originally Posted by Shortgrub
He has done several for me and they all shot better than I can. Great work, outstanding Gent.
You are spot on Hoyt is the man for barrel work.
Posted By: WStrayer Re: Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 03/15/24
Leave the man alone.... how can we get any work done with new customers?
He has done a rebore on a bad T/C Renegade, a barrel reline on an 1880 SPringfiel TD carbine, and a reline of a Springfiel 1871 for me in the past.
It takes a while. I had to love his attitude on the 1871. It didn't shoot to point of aim so I left him ammo. He "tweaked" the barrel by a bit of pressure using the rafters in his shop until it shot to p.o.a.
Posted By: Rawhide67 Re: Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 03/16/24
Top notch work, and top notch man.
Posted By: Indy99 Re: Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 04/02/24
Bobby recently rebored a 50 cal TC Renegade to a 54 with a 1:60 twist for round balls. Shoots amazingly well with 100 grains of FFg. Could not speak more highly of his work or the end results. Old school cool 😎
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Meet Mr Bobby Hoyt - 04/14/24
Cool
© 24hourcampfire