Home
Posted By: Northern_Jim TC trigger work - 03/19/24
Anyone do any work on a TC caplock trigger? The trigger on my Big Boar is terribly heavy. It's a single trigger. I have another TC with a single trigger & it is much lighter.
Posted By: benchman Re: TC trigger work - 03/19/24
Just guessing, but I'd suspect that the sear spring is too heavy. Easy enough to take a coil off, but I'd make DARN sure I had a spare one before I did such a thing...
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: TC trigger work - 03/20/24
A decent gunsmith can make a replacement spring. As soon as a muzzleloading season opened in Tennessee, I bought a TC Renegade. The set trigger was OK, but the single stage trigger was very heavy. I took the rifle to a retired military armorer who made a spring on the spot.
Check if it is rubbing on wood. The trigger or the sear.
Posted By: Kelljp Re: TC trigger work - 03/21/24
L&R makes an affordable replacement lock that will take care of your problem.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: TC trigger work - 04/01/24
While not a T/C, I picked up a really nice "plains" style 54 cal RB gun with R.E. Davis triggers. Somewhere in its past, before I got it, someone took a file to the sear to make it "better". Well... they didn't and the triggers were very unsafe/unusable. I contacted Davis and sent the triggers in. Davis made them good again, free of charge, and they're back in the rifle working like they should. My point, if you do it yourself, make sure you know what you're doing.
Posted By: Northern_Jim Re: TC trigger work - 04/02/24
Thank you for your suggestions glad to know there are some options.
© 24hourcampfire