Home
Fired my rifle with the reworked barrel back from Mr Bobby Hoyt's shop and I'm pleased.
Project started a little over a year ago when I replaced the stock on an abused Thompson Center Senaca that I picked up at an estate sale. The old stock kept calling to me, so I started adding hardware as I acquired it a lock from Washington state trigger from VA and so forth. Then came the barrel, as I looked over what I had I discovered a Cherokee 45 cal with a pitiful bore, so off to Mr Hoyt's shop it went to be reborn as a 32 caliber. Then I got a wild hair, since it had parts from a Hawken to a Cherokee on it to go ahead and find a TC Lobo scope which a forum member here has.
Much to my delight I now have a dedicated squirrel hunting rifle that is a tack driver.
Can you post pics ? I'd like to see that one.
How did you get from 45 cal to 32? Been on the lookout for a 36 cal.
Sent the barrel to Bobby Hoyt, he sleeved the 45: caliber barrel and rebored it to a 32 caliber. Very nice job, did a 1: 30 round ball twist.
Another vote for pictures. I have an old Seneca I should do something with.
I haven't conquered the skills to post pictures on this forum yet.
I have a couple of Cherokees, one in 32 and one in 45. What is your powder and ball of choice for the 32 cal?

Thanks!
I found 15; grains of Swiss FFFG with a Hornady .315 Round Ball and ,010 lubed patch works really well in the Cherokee's 1:30; twist barrel.
On the Senacas I use 30 grains of Swiss FFFG and a hornady.350 ball with a .010 or .015 patch.
Thanks, that gives me a place to start. I've not shot the 32 barrel yet but will shoot it soon.
Always wanted a 32
© 24hourcampfire