Home
I have one as a loaner/backup rifle. Will the factory breech plug can handle BH 209? If not, is there a replacement that will? This is the early, fully concealed plug.

Thanks
I bought a replacement breechplug from Blackhorn that comes with some accessories. The face of the breechplug is hollowed out and the vent hole is slightly larger. CVA is also selling a modified breechplug for the Blackhorn 209 powder.

BH will tell you not to shoot their powder without the new improved breechplug. Once you have the new one, then you can still shoot any of the loose powders but not the pellets.
Do you have the older design or the newer quick release plug? This Wolf has the fully enclosed . I wasn't sure there was a BH 209 compatible for the early Wolf.
he has the older design guys. it says it above.

I can get your wolf to fire bh209 perfectly if you want to send me your breech plug.

check this out as well, do this and most likely you will have zero trouble with the factory plug.
http://gandersmuzzleloadingblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/cva-headspace-adjustment-shims.html
Thanks Bigblock, you are a valuable resource here. I will try shimming with the teflon tape tomorrow and will get back to you. Tell me what you do to modify the older breech plugs. I may be able to do it here without bothering you any worse.

thanks again,
Leon
If you have the tools such as a drill press, i normally use a #65 drill bit for the new flash hole size ".035" and then a 5/32" drill bit for the flash channels new size. Adjust the head space like i do in the video and its rock solid.
© 24hourcampfire