Home
Does anyone have much experience with hornady conicals that are suppose to shoot well out of slow twist barrels?

If so please share those experiences. I bought some while at Cabelas one day and will test them myself in a couple of weeks but thought I would get any "heads up" knowledge first if I could.
Well it looks like I will just have to post a report after my range test. Stay tuned.
I've used them a couple years ago in a Great Plains percussion .50 slow twist, they worked fine for deer.
My notes remind me that I used a lubed felt wad under the bullet and I've rolled them in liquid Alox as well if the lube seemed a little thin.
Good luck
I'll probably stick with round balls but couldn't help myself just to see how they might work.

I'm planning a deer hunt in nw Oklahoma this year and would really like to use this rifle.
If they shoot ok in your gun, I'd try them. They weigh over a third more than the RB. The felt wad may or may not help, but is worth a try. The bullet has a hollow base, with a pretty thick skirt, so blowout shouldn't be a problem with reasonable loads.
I've got about half a box and am hoping they work as a light practice load in my new Knight.
© 24hourcampfire