Home
Posted By: Snowwolfe TC Impact ram rod question - 07/25/14
We did the first range trip today with wifes new TC Impact and it shot great. Only thing we did not like about it was the ram rod. The end really hurt her hand as she was seating the bullet.
Is there a different ramrod we can buy that is easier on the palm? Or is there an accessory that screws into the end of the stock rod that will make it more user friendly?
Do you have a bullet starter?
Yes, but don't want to carry it into the field.
Posted By: 805 Re: TC Impact ram rod question - 07/25/14
Get yourself a spin jag. They work awesome and help load easily.
I'll check into them. Also seems the TC power rod would work.

Looks like the spin jag goes on the end of the ram rod that's touches the bullet. I need something that goes on the other end that fits into your palm.

I am an inline muzzleloading dummy.
Posted By: MOGC Re: TC Impact ram rod question - 07/25/14
I am new to muzzleloading and recently bought an Icon also. I bought a rod from CVA called the "Palm Saver." So far in my limited time with it the palm saver seems to do what it says it will.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Yes, but don't want to carry it into the field.

Drill a hole in the handle end and hang around your neck. Also you can cut the rod end off some to make it shorter. It only needs to be about2" long

One needs to realize that with a ML, there is more to take to the field. That is why there is a thing called a Possibles Bag.

There are extra bullets, a powder flask, patches, jags, a container of bore solvent just in case you need to swab the bore as an example.

I have also seen Tee Handles that screw onto the ram rod, but you have to take that to the field also
Posted By: tmitch Re: TC Impact ram rod question - 07/25/14
Cabelas sell what they call a Power Handle that screws to the end of your ramrod. Sort of turns your original ram rod into a Power Rod but half the price ($15 on sale)

Power Handle
Thanks Tmitch. Exactly what I was looking for
Thompson Center makes a threaded t-handle that will do the job.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/32...d-ramrod-extension-lightweight-composite
I use one of these in the Field. Easy to cary and holds spare 209s.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/92...handle-bio-flex-red?cm_vc=ProductFinding
© 24hourcampfire