Home
Posted By: Nate40 nef huntsman help - 09/21/14
I picked up a 50cal NEF huntsman but the ramrod is broke(should have checked that!)
Where can I find a replacement rod? H&rwont reply to my emails!

Anything else I should know about these guns? Thanks
Posted By: stantdm Re: nef huntsman help - 09/21/14
Track of the Wolf sells everything from finished rods to blanks or just make your own from a proper sized dowel of hardwood.
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: nef huntsman help - 09/21/14
The factory rod is flimsy and should be avoided if possible. I have the Sidekick version of that rifle and I bought a really nice ramrod from Ben Hubbard in Huntsville, Alabama. The last time I checked his website was dead, so I don't know if he is still doing business or not. H&R can certainly sell you one of the puny factory rods, but if you go that route buy a one piece range rod and use it for loading at home and on the range and only use the factory rod in the field.
Posted By: Snyper Re: nef huntsman help - 09/21/14
Buy a generic fiberglass rod and cut it to the right length
Posted By: tmitch Re: nef huntsman help - 09/21/14
There are some OEM ones on Ebay for $25 now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackPowder..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c8b737a5c

*These are being sold by Cain's Outdoors but they don't show up on their website.
Posted By: 4ager Re: nef huntsman help - 09/21/14
Originally Posted by Snyper

This.
Hubbard's Outdoor Products
7926 Hwy 155
Montevallo, Alabama 35115
205-665-0444 or 1-800-236-7486
bhubbardscharter.net
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Snyper

This.

They use a telescoping ramrod. The ramrod channel stops at the forend stud so it cant carry a solid rod long enough to load without extending way past the muzzle.
Posted By: Nate40 Re: nef huntsman help - 09/22/14
Thanks everybody. Got one more question any idea where I can get a breechplug that doesn't require a primer holder?
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: nef huntsman help - 09/22/14
Hubbard used to make one, but he stopped because there was too much variance in the threads on the NEF barrels. I was lucky and got one of the few that he produced. It handles Blackhorn 209 really well. The guys on Graybeard's website have used a bunch of other ideas, but a company called Metrics Unlimited has the best breech plug. For some reason they were banned on Graybeard and the guys there call it the breech plug that must not be named when posting. Metrics Unlimited has a website, so Google it and give them a call. Make sure you order the right one. The early barrels had a 7/8 diameter plug and newer barrels have a 5/8 plug.
Posted By: savage62 Re: nef huntsman help - 09/24/14
Vari Flame makes a 25 cal breech plug
© 24hourcampfire