Home
Hi there.

I was at the federal firearms proof bench office this morning, for some red tape duty, and saw some pieces of art on the wall, including that richely engraved Harpers Ferry rifled pistol, dated 1807.

[Linked Image]

[img]https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...1adbf6d1936e7c7e1e34dd03&oe=55EDCBB6[/img]

I thought this might interest someone here.

I have no idea of the caliber, but it's pretty big, more than .58 for sure.

It might be valuable.
nice , thanks for posting it
Back in the 60's, my father bought a Harpers Ferry rifle of about the same age at a yard sale for $5.00. It was all rusted up but was in pretty good shape. It cleaned up nice. It was originally a flint lock but was converted to percussion cap, we believe sometime in the 1850's or 1860's. It's still on his wall. Probably should be taken down and cleaned. When I was a kid, some friends of mine and I got into Civil War reenacting. Being stupid and not knowing what we had, I started using it because I didn't have a muzzle loader. When at a battle, I broke the nipple. So my old man took it to a gun smith to get it fixed and was informed of what he had. After that, it went back on the wall permanently and I bought a Springfield reproduction.
© 24hourcampfire