Home
Posted By: Valsdad Buffalo Bullets? - 09/20/15
Does anyone know if they are still in business. I tried to get some of the .50 Ball-Ets from Dixie a year or so ago to no avail. After them putting them on backorder for months I was finally notified they were discontinued.

I also found this old thread with a quick search:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/205284-buffalo-bullet-co-no-longer-manufacturing.html

I have an older Gander Mt (Traditions) with the 1:48 bbl and it likes the ball-ets and 80 gr FFF. My supply is really low.

If they went out of business do any of you folks with contacts happen to know what if anything happened to their machinery? Was it all sold for scrap or did someone in the industry get ahold of it?

Thanks for your help,
Geno
Posted By: colodog Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/20/15
I've got no idea what the business status is but I haven't seen their bullets on the shelves for years.
I have a single package of 350gr, I'll send them along if they'll help you out!
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/20/15
Dixie gun works has some
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/default.php?cPath=22_99_311_313
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/21/15
colodog, are those .50 cal?

I think the ball-ets I was refering to are 245 gr, they made a maxi ball-et at 270 gr for 50's also but that didn't shoot as well. (hurt more on the back end too)

Thanks,
Geno
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/21/15
Originally Posted by Overkill45

The ones they have listed there are the ones I was told are no longer being carried. At least as of a year or so ago. Not in stock and not able to get more.

I think maybe they haven't updated that webpage?

Thanks though

Geno
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/21/15
Hornady makes a similar bullet called the PA Concal, I believe.
Posted By: colodog Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/21/15
Hey Geno,
You're right these aren't Ball-ets these are .50cal hollowpoint hollowbase from Buffalo Bullet.

Pappy's right, he PA Conicals are a good substitute.
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/21/15
The Buffalo Bullet HPHB is very similar to the Hornady Great Plains
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/22/15
Thanks Pappy and others,

I'll look for those PA "conicals". I believe I have seen them mentioned before without a picture and took the "conical" word seriously, believing them to be longer/heavier. Picture on Hornady's website does look a lot like the Ball-ets.

Sure appreciate the help guys.

Geno

PS, of course Midway has them "out of stock, no backorder". Guess I'll look elsewhere.
Posted By: RememberBaker Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/25/15
I've got a box of 20, .50 caliber, 410 grain Buffalo bullets. The lube on the Buffalo Bullets is dried and cracking. I'll give them to anyone that wants them, just say that you want them here and PM me.

The T/C Maxi-Hunters are spoken for.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/25/15
I can use the TC Maxi Hunters. Need anything in trade?
Posted By: RememberBaker Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/25/15
Nope, they're all yours, just PM me your address and I'll take care of the rest. The T/C's are spoken for.
Posted By: R1150R Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/30/15

I'd appreciate the Buffalo Bullets and give them a good home.

Thanks in advance.

PM inbound

Originally Posted by RememberBaker
I've got a box of 20, .50 caliber, 410 grain Buffalo bullets. The lube on the Buffalo Bullets is dried and cracking. I'll give them to anyone that wants them, just say that you want them here and PM me.

The T/C Maxi-Hunters are spoken for.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RememberBaker Re: Buffalo Bullets? - 09/30/15
Buffalo Bullets are spoken for.
© 24hourcampfire