Home
Posted By: Hydrashocker Looking For A Buy - 07/02/16
Hey guys,

My other son drew out for mule deer so I'm one ML short for the hunt. I'm looking for a BH209 ready rifle in 50 cal, break action inline, with a good known load, preferably in stainless with scoped/tapped now I live in Utah. I just don't have the time to work up a great load right now.

I just thought I'd put a word out there if anyone is looking to upgrade or what not. I don't want a big $$$ gun, just one for a 100 yard shot or a bit farther. Not looking for a short barreled gun.

Thanks!
Posted By: GoexWhiteHots Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/02/16
Brand new T/C Impact at Cabelas for $249+. Barrel length is 26" and ready to fire Blackhorn 209 out of the box.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/02/16
And I want a deaf-mute gymnast nymphomaniac with big tits who owns a bar on a golf course, and loves to send me hunting and drinking. laugh

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good luck in your quest and hunt. I have a few but nothing turn-key that meets your criteria I could offer.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/03/16
Originally Posted by tmitch
And I want a deaf-mute gymnast nymphomaniac with big tits who owns a bar on a golf course, and loves to send me hunting and drinking. laugh

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good luck in your quest and hunt. I have a few but nothing turn-key that meets your criteria I could offer.

I was going to say, "people in Hell want ice water", but I like yours better!

To the OP; never had one, but I've heard nothing but positive things about the Impact. With MLs, new is probably your safest bet, as there's a lot of neglected guns out there for sale.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/03/16
I like to gamble on the neglected ones...this time of year, the pawn shops are full of great deals, if you are willing to look. I just drug home a TC Omega Thumbhole for one bill, and left a Knight DISC and 700ML sitting for the same money. I may go back and pick one or both of them up, havent decided yet.

Yes, they are often abused, and sometimes, too far gone to rescue. Other times, a little bit of elbow grease, and they are good to go.
Posted By: Danny1788 Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/04/16
What kind of shape was the 700ml in for $100?
Posted By: liliysdad Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/05/16
It was fairly cruddy, but far from unsalvageable. The fact they are musket cap only concerns me, but the gun itself intrigues me. A lot.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/05/16
A Hunters bolt nose conversion makes a 700ML a fine BH-209 shooter. I bought a stainless thumbhole laminated last year ($165) in perfect shape & installed the conversion. Fantastic shooter & zero blowback.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hydrashocker Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/15/16
Thanks for the laugh... I'm still looking around for one. Going to try some other pawn shops and such.
Posted By: woodson Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/15/16
[Linked Image]
My CVA Omega with a bushnell 4200 I got off our forums. 100 grains of BH by volume and a 300 grain harvester scorpion. 3 shots at 100 yards.
Posted By: Overkill45 Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/16/16
CVA Omega?

My CVA Omega with a bushnell 4200 I got off our forums. 100 grains of BH by volume and a 300 grain harvester scorpion. 3 shots at 100 yards.
Posted By: woodson Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/17/16
Sorry my fault. Meant optima.
Posted By: shootsacreed Re: Looking For A Buy - 07/19/16
Traditions break open muzzleloader, shot exactly twice
BH 209 Powder, almost a full canister
18- 348 grain Powerbelt bullets
Winchester 209 primers
Powder flask
Powder measure
other acoutraments
All yours for $250.00
I'm in Denver