Home
Posted By: EZEARL Traditional muzzleloader ? - 08/19/16
Anyone tried one of these w/BH209 in a traditional muzzleloader?
http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/pl-spark-start.html#mag-spark
BH209 website states not to use it in side locks or TC Black Diamonds.
Posted By: EZEARL Re: Traditional muzzleloader ? - 08/19/16
Yea I saw that. What it is,a friend picked up a T/C Hawkins and because he already has BH209 for his in-line was asking if he could use it in the Hawkins. Told him I research it. I came across that mag spark link had got to wondering if anyone has tried the combo. I'm just guessing but that Mag Spark may have been designed just to give a more reliable ignition?
I used a TC Hawkin for years. Never had misfire Using CCI percussion caps. I'd still be using it if it were not so heavy

They make some small plastic doughnut affairs that slip over the cap to keep moisture out and electricans tape on the muzzle keeps the other end dry.

Both Pyrodex and Triple Seven are harder to ignite than FFG black powder.Plus ,they both go bad over a years time after the can is opened. Black powder doe snot
EZEARL the Mag spar k is nothing more then a 80's Accra shot that use a rifle primer in hammer style gums .Tony Knight at the time brought out his inline an they some how diappear They were use in the Civel War
© 24hourcampfire