Home
Posted By: TDN Any SML 45cal Shooters? - 08/28/16
Just wrapped up another long range smokeless ml. Anyone else here shooting 45cal smokeless?

Cheers!
Pics?
Posted By: TDN Re: Any SML 45cal Shooters? - 08/29/16
[Linked Image]

Just got it up and running a week or so ago.
SS 700 S/A
25" SS Shilen
Done by Cole at CmC Firearms with his custom bolt and primer carrier.
Bedddd in a Boyd's laminate
Talley LWs holding 3-12x44 Bushnell LRHS

Giving the Parker 275. BE and M/H a try this week over IMR 4891

My previous SMLs were in an Encore and H&R platforms and were just too light to offer and real long range advantage over a normal ML

Nice! Cole loves the Shilen barrels. I'm glad you got your gun before the shop burned. A bunch of my custom bullets for the SML burned in the fire before he ever got to shoot them.

I have an LRHS on one of my SML and it has over 500 rounds of 458 Lott level SML shots on it this year alone. Still dials spot on and holds zero. Smashed targets to 500yds with that setup. Good choice.
Very nice!..Glad that you got it out before the fire...
Posted By: TDN Re: Any SML 45cal Shooters? - 09/01/16
Wow - I hadn't heard about the fire. That's tough to hear. I hope he is able to rebuild. Working with him was great.

KP - glad to hear it on the LRHS, that is what I am hoping for! Any specs, loads, or pics on your rifles?
How bad is the recoil? Beautiful rifle.
Posted By: TDN Re: Any SML 45cal Shooters? - 09/02/16
Thanks! You notice it as you're shooting charges, bullets and speed just like 375 H&H, but it's 11lbs scoped. So, not too bad.
There are lots of pics here and here of a few guns and a lot of other testing info. I would say the most popular loads are 70-75gn H4198 with my 302gn and 90-95gn IMR3031 with my 344gn but I have also used H322, CFE-223, and RL19 with good success.
Keith
Are the M-Bombs going to be available soon?

Thnx
Wells
Man I hope so. I should have had them two weeks ago. I just mailed a huge order of the cup and core BOMB to Luke at Arrowhead Sporting Goods. I'm working on building up my stock again and need those monos to show up.
Thanks Keith...wanting to try them with
BH209 saboted...
Wells
Posted By: Double_D Re: Any SML 45cal Shooters? - 09/08/16
I have a slufoot CVA apex 45/70 conversion.....really handy weapon. H4198 and the 200gr SST are what it likes
Posted By: hillbill Re: Any SML 45cal Shooters? - 09/11/16
TDN

A good many SML shooters out there, just not that many here on the fire.
A good brake can help big time on recoil, especially with the heavier pills which these guns tend to favor for the longer range stuff.
© 24hourcampfire