Home
Posted By: fishnut Seams to fast? - 01/17/17
i'm trying to figure out if my crony is FUBAR. I bought a new Nikon inline scope so I decided to shoot it over the crony as I was sighting it in so I could use the Spot On technology on the Nikon web site.
Load was 100 gr (volume) BH 209 on top of a Barnes TEZ 250 gr bullet. I was just a tad over 2100 fps on the crony. I only had a 100 yard target to work with today but I will have longer range next week to see if the Spot On technology is right with the speeds it is telling me but for now, It just seems a couple hundred FPS to fast? Any Ideas?
Posted By: fishnut Re: Seams to fast? - 01/17/17
Oh and by the way it's a TC Encore rifle
Posted By: Terryk Re: Seams to fast? - 01/18/17
Shoot a good 22 match/standard velocity across the chrono. Even CCI Standard is pretty consistent out of a rifle. That should tell you if the crono is goofy.
Posted By: benchman Re: Seams to fast? - 01/18/17
Be interested to know what you find out. I would guess you're about 100fps too fast. Been wrong before.
Posted By: GoexWhiteHots Re: Seams to fast? - 01/18/17
Seems too fast
Posted By: 4ager Re: Seams to fast? - 01/22/17
Is your chronograph level, and is the bullet going level through the screens to the target?
Posted By: MILES58 Re: Seams to fast? - 01/23/17
A few years back I ran through BH 209 from very light to max loads and if I remember right 100 grains by weight produced 2100-2200 FPS across my chrony. 66 grains by weight (90 volume) produced ~1700.
Posted By: fishnut Re: Seams to fast? - 01/29/17
Today I got 1950 fps out of it. Im wondering if the chroni was not quite open all the way before. It seems to be more where it should be for now. At $49 for a bottle of BH 209 i'm not sure I'll be shooting it much till next Fall.
© 24hourcampfire