Home
Posted By: Dawn1964 Best front sight - 02/23/17
Best front sight to go with peep on t/c renagade any input is appreciated
Posted By: 4ager Re: Best front sight - 02/23/17
The standard blade is fine.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Best front sight - 02/23/17
The blades are good, but those round bead ones are the pits for old eyes.

Dixie sells brass and nickel sights "in the raw" that are easily shaped to your liking. Skinner also makes one suitable for MLs.
Posted By: Semisane Re: Best front sight - 02/23/17
The blades are good, but those round bead ones are the pits for old eyes.

I sure agree with that Pappy. My favorite is the really wide flat top blade on my Lyman Great Plains.
Posted By: Dawn1964 Re: Best front sight - 02/24/17
I'm new here but dang it does not take long to get some good input thanks so much flat top seems like it would work.what about globe? Would like to see some guns set up with peeps
Posted By: benchman Re: Best front sight - 02/24/17
I'm old, so the crisper the picture, the better. I also think a flat top works best. Globe sights are wonderful for target shooting, but I find them too dim for hunting. I posted a picture of a combination sight on a previous thread, and if I had any money, would probably go that way. Bead and post with a ring around it, flip it down for a flat top blade. Seems like it should work well. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dawn1964 Re: Best front sight - 02/24/17
Beautiful sight that's the front sight correct?
Posted By: Terryk Re: Best front sight - 02/24/17
Originally Posted by benchman
I'm old, so the crisper the picture, the better. I also think a flat top works best. Globe sights are wonderful for target shooting, but I find them too dim for hunting. I posted a picture of a combination sight on a previous thread, and if I had any money, would probably go that way. Bead and post with a ring around it, flip it down for a flat top blade. Seems like it should work well. [Linked Image]

I'm thinking about a flipper like that. I wish it had fiber optic in it somehow. Fiber optic has great contrast.
Posted By: RWE Re: Best front sight - 02/24/17
Get out the wire welder, put in a bigger stem and pole, micro drill a hole, insert fiber optic.

That brass thing can have a hoop soldered to it, and a fiber added.

Nut up, my brother....

I'm trying to figure out if I can make it with a thinner base for a 13/16 AFF barrel.
Posted By: benchman Re: Best front sight - 02/24/17
Originally Posted by Dawn1964
Beautiful sight that's the front sight correct?
Correct. Montana Vintage Arms front combination sight.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Best front sight - 02/25/17
Best for what ? For hunting nothing beats a green fiber optic front for visibility. I've got them on every iron sighted rifle I own and I use those rifles every season on game. Over the years, I've tried about everything there is. Beads of brass, silver, ivory/white plastic, white blades, black blades, brass sourdough, hooded globes. Nothing is as good overall for hunting as the fiber optic, period.
Posted By: benchman Re: Best front sight - 02/25/17
Green is best for me, too. I have no idea what the fascination is with red.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Best front sight - 02/26/17

Narrow silver or real copper penny blades, I keep a wad of 0000 steel wool in my bag to keep the smoke dust off and keep em shining bright.
© 24hourcampfire