Home
My cervical spinal fusions have finally healed enough that I can begin to begin shooting again. During that process a question occurred that pertains only to cap lock Sharps reproductions, not 1874 cartridge rifles: How often do you remove your rifle's wood from barreled receiver when cleaning the rifle after a day's shooting?

Shiloh actions are significantly simplified compared with Italian reproductions, plus they have closer tolerances where breech block meets receiver. These Shiloh features should translate to easier, perhaps less complex cleaning procedure.
Jerking and jolting from rifle shots / recoil is OK with spinal fusion patients?
Did you get a 2nd opinion on this?
Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
Jerking and jolting from rifle shots / recoil is OK with spinal fusion patients?

As for removing barrel from stock, how much fouling gets down into the stock around the action/barrel? If any,I would remove and clean any fouling of BP.The outside of the action n/barrel is just as prone to damage as the inside.

Reply to GoexBlachorn. I have had two spinal fusions.The first,I wore a full torso brace for 6 months.This was back in July,1969 when fusions were a new thing. I was hunting and riding horses with that brace on in September .Doc said it was OK. That lasted until 2007.I had another fusion above the one I had previously.With that one the doc put in 6 screws and two titanium rods and a fiber cage between one set of vertebrae.That was in March. I was hunting and riding in September.All OK.It isn't the fused vertebrae that gives the trouble unless one is incredibly stupid and does things they are not suppose to, but the vertebrae right above the fusion can easily be damaged as it takes all the stress of the one below it fused.More than 50% of those that have had fusions have to return and have additional fusions because of that.
I sure wouldn't be shooting anything in the magnum chamberings type of recoil though
Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
Yes. Now, the physical problem is muscle/body atrophy.

© 24hourcampfire