Home
Posted By: Rat Rod Mac Question about an Encore. - 04/06/17
I have a Thompson Encore muzzleloader that's called the Pro - Hunter. It has the fluted stainless steel barrel and black plastic stock. Great gun. Here's my first question: I bought a .223 barrel that's made to fit the Encore frame and it does, but the muzzleloader forearm doesn't fit the .223 barrel. I need to buy a forearm that fits this barrel and the two screws that hold it on. Do I send an e-mail to Thompson and try to buy one through them or go to a dealer and try and get one through the gun shop? Never dealt with Thompson before and dealing with a gun shop you always have the possibility of a screw up.
Question two: Do you fellows have a favorite scope base and rings that you would recommend for this .223 barrel? Thinking of putting an older Redfield 10 power on it. Thanks in advance for your help. It's appreciated. RRM
Posted By: tmitch Re: Question about an Encore. - 04/06/17
You can order them from several places. Amazon, Midway, E. Arthur Brown to name a few.

I like Leupold DD's on mine.
There are many places to get "Encore rifle forends".
I've gotten several stocks, forends etc through LG Outdoors in Alabama. Not always the cheapest but good customer service.
If you plan to ad more barrels (even if you aren't planning to you will)You might consider a Pro Hunter/Flex-Tech stock and forend set. it really helps tame the recoil on bigger bores. I use them on my 444 and 460SW 20" barrels and they help.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Question about an Encore. - 04/15/17
ebay
Stratton Custom base, best one on the market. My 50 cal and 7-08 both have them. The weaver flexes terribly on my encore. I have a stailess weaver base I'd sell cheap...

you can get the base and forearm from midway or probably any other supplier.
Stratton Custom or Virgin Valley were both the same, looks like no longer available...
© 24hourcampfire