Home
I had sworn off muzzleloaders. I fell off the wagon recently and brought another one home. It is a Knight 209 with a lightweight tapered barrel. It is stainless, and is a .45 caliber. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I have sabots and 10mm bullets as well as Hornady sabots with some type of polymer tipped spitzer bullet.

All I need it for is a two day early muzzleloader season for whitetails here in KY. I mounted an inexpesive Bushnell 3x9, as it has no open sights.

I ended up with less than 200 beans in the rifle, so the price was right. I just wondered if anyone here has experience with one of these rifles.

Thanks for looking.
CT
Hate to see you swear-off muzzleloading again!!!!

Those 45 MLs can be finicky shooters. Even the accessories and components are very limited inside gun stores. That's why we see some outstanding sales on 45-cal MLs.

Any sabot/bullet that flies out of that 45 bore could of been shot out of a much-more accuracy-friendly 50 caliber.

You failed to mentioned what model of Knight that is.
I'm going to guess it was one of the boatload of Disc Elites that Bass Pro Shop was selling in a Missouri store for $99.

Some folks bought several and brought them back to other states.
I can't say for sure as I don't have it in front of me. It does work with their little red 209 holders, whatever they call them, but I don't think it is a disc rifle, as it doesn't have a bolt like a centerfire.
It's a Knight Elite. I have the same thing in a 50 caliber.
© 24hourcampfire