Home
Posted By: 458Win APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/18/23
Ruger and Lipseys have produced a limited run of the Ruger 416 guide rifles for the Alaska Professional Hunters Association. Arctic Ammo in Wasilla has agreed to sell the remains few rifle and I posted more in the classified section
Posted By: JimInAK Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/19/23
https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=RUKHM77RSH-APHA
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/19/23
For $1600+ the Ruger comes with a Hogue Overmold..lol…GMAFB….I guess it does make sense when viewed through lens of how the APHA fu.cks everyone that isn’t a non-resident guide…

APHA can kiss my white ass!
Posted By: hikerbum Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by 458Win
Ruger and Lipseys have produced a limited run of the Ruger 416 guide rifles for the Alaska Professional Hunters Association. Arctic Ammo in Wasilla has agreed to sell the remains few rifle and I posted more in the classified section
Nice gun. Great chambering.
Posted By: 458Win Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/20/23
Considering the fact that Ruger had decided to stop production, this is a great chance to get one
Posted By: JimInAK Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/20/23
It did cross my mind. The club like stock and the loudener on the end of the barrel can be dealt with (for a price). The lack of available brass and the only alternative of one manufacturer (with two types of loaded ammo for $5+ per round) is the biggest detractor.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/20/23
At this point in time I lost faith in anything Hornady used to produce. They pretty much discontinued making brass for the 450/500, 450 NE, 470 NE, etc. Now they stopped producing 300 RCM, 338 RCM, 375 Ruger, and 416 Ruger. And the last time they made a batch of 405 Winchester brass it was a special order for one company. Some of these out of production items you can still get brass, if you pay the premium for loaded ammo. Others, you are shet out of luck unless you have a good supply or find it for sale in the classifieds.
Posted By: 79S Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/20/23
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
At this point in time I lost faith in anything Hornady used to produce. They pretty much discontinued making brass for the 450/500, 450 NE, 470 NE, etc. Now they stopped producing 300 RCM, 338 RCM, 375 Ruger, and 416 Ruger. And the last time they made a batch of 405 Winchester brass it was a special order for one company. Some of these out of production items you can still get brass, if you pay the premium for loaded ammo. Others, you are shet out of luck unless you have a good supply or find it for sale in the classifieds.

Well when pards buy one of those 416 from arctic ammo I suggest they load up on ammo. If I remember right they had it in stock.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/20/23
I find it HILARIOUSLY fitting,that "THE Guide Rifle" is such an EPIC Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

I've yet to meet a "Guide" who had the FIRST Fhuqking Clue about Rifles or Bullets. Hint.

Bless their hearts,for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I find it HILARIOUSLY fitting,that "THE Guide Rifle" is such an EPIC Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

I've yet to meet a "Guide" who had the FIRST Fhuqking Clue about Rifles or Bullets. Hint.

Hint.

Pard, next time please use Pard.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/20/23
Sweetie,

You fhuqking EMBARASS yourself by trying. Hint.

You "know" NOTHING about rifles,or the Game. Hint.

Too bad that APHA is a bunch of Drooling Clueless Fhuqks. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Sweetie,

Pard, please less insults and more pardly love 🥰🥰🥰. Pard
Originally Posted by 79S
Well when pards buy one of those 416 from arctic ammo I suggest they load up on ammo. If I remember right they had it in stock.

That would be a wise plan, if they had any in stock. Just called and they have no 416 ammo in stock at the moment. $120 per box when they do get some in.

The rifle is considerably less than Lipsey's MSRP.
Posted By: Swamplord Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/20/23
I'll have to agree with Aces & BS,

that rifle ain't worth $1600, is the extreme price tag because it's associated with APHA ? what makes them so special ?

20" barrel is way too short and 1:14 is far too slow of a twist in .416 cal, and that Hogue stock is absolute, total & complete crap, I've bought used rifles with that hideous embarrassment on them and tossed the stocks in the dumpster STAT
Originally Posted by JimInAK
Originally Posted by 79S

That would be a wise plan, if they had any in stock. Just called and they have no 416 ammo in stock at the moment. $120 per box when they do get some in.

The rifle is considerably less than Lipsey's MSRP.

Pard, I stopped in sportsman’s warehouse in Wasilla this morning they had 5-6 boxes of 416 ruger. No clue on price though. I do need to go back buy some leverevolution. My pard stick squared me up in load info, he’s a good pard to have.
$1175 if purchased from current stock. $1375 if from second shipment. I guess time is money???

Limited purpose built for sure, but too many negatives to resolve to make it a good idea.

The 416 RM that bearhunter sold last spring was a far better mouse trap.
Posted By: NMiller Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/21/23
I know the Hogue stock gets lots of hate, but it works. I've got one on my 338 Hawkeye, it soaks up recoil and I shoot small groups every year without poi shift. The Ruger stock is noticeably harsher on recoil.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/21/23
Originally Posted by 79S
Sweetie,

You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint............
Posted By: 79S Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/21/23
Originally Posted by 79S
Sweetie,

You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint............

Pard, Pard lets practice being kinder and gentler pards. ❤️❤️❤️
Posted By: 458Win Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/21/23
Sweetie,

I guess a Fhuqking LAUGHING self anointed “Timber Tramp” internet expert would know all there is to know about guiding and guns.

Anonymity, like the masks worn by terrorist, gives courage to cowards.
Posted By: mainer_in_ak Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/21/23
Sweetie,

I guess a Fhuqking LAUGHING self anointed “Timber Tramp” internet expert would know all there is to know about guiding and guns.

Anonymity, like the masks worn by terrorist, gives courage to cowards.

Calm down mountain man, or im gonna send u another thoughtful care package of reloading goodies.

What's the deal with those alaska arms+ 1 mag plates for 416/375 ruger?

Hook me up with a deal, I want one!
Posted By: 458Win Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/21/23
Morris Melani at Alaska Arms makes them and they are a nice addition. They actually feel good in the hand and add one additional round for the 375 & 416 Ruger and two additional rounds for standard calibers! I can even get two additional rounds in my 375 H&H M77 rifle that Bill Atkinson built for Bill Ruger.
Posted By: mainer_in_ak Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/21/23
Sht I'm sold! My birthday is in middle of November

Hint hint.......
Posted By: 458Win Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/22/23
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Sht I'm sold! My birthday is in middle of November

Hint hint.......

If Morris doesn’t have one In stock I bet I might be able to
Posted By: Big Stick Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/22/23

Hint.

Posted By: 79S Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/22/23

Hint.

Pard, you forgot to say Pard.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/22/23
https://alaskaarmsllc.com/ruger-extra-round-floor-plate-standard-magnum-calibers/
Posted By: 458Win Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/22/23

Hint.

And I have never met a logger who knew how to sharpen an ax or chainsaw
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/22/23
The extended floor plate is a excellent idea. If I ever own another Ruger 77 it will wear one.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/27/23
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
For $1600+ the Ruger comes with a Hogue Overmold..lol…GMAFB….I guess it does make sense when viewed through lens of how the APHA fu.cks everyone that isn’t a non-resident guide…

APHA can kiss my white ass!

Come on Aces tell us how you really feel and no sugar coating it.
Posted By: 458Win Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/27/23
Ruger firearms, and their owners, seem to get a lot of flack from internet experts but since Ruger’s inception rural Alaskan hunters and guides who actually get out and use and often abuse their guns appreciate their rugged reliability.
Posted By: bobmn Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/27/23
Phil: I bought a Ruger 416 with 20" barrel and Hogue stock to hunt Africa Cape Buffalo. Before I would face dangerous game with the rifle I had to polish the barrel feed ramp, polish the trigger, change slightly the angle of the sear notch, smooth the feed rails of the receiver and magazine edges, polish the ejector hole, polish the magazine follower and change the magazine spring to a more beefy replacement. I also spent more than few nights in front of the idiot box working the action to smooth it up. To me the work was worth it for a $900 rifle.
Personally I like the Hogue over molded stock but your excellent suggestion to plane off the rubber for those that don't is an option. One day of riding around in dusty Africa fixed the stickiness issue. The integral mounts are excellent and NECG has a receiver sight that fits in case of scope failure. Because I am not the 9mm pistol shot you are I find the Ruger with receiver sight a good alternative while wandering in Alaska bear country.
I am not an internet expert flinging internet flack but before I spend $1619 for an APHS rifle I would explore other alternatives. These might include reboring a Model 98 Husqvarna to 416, buying a Model 70 in 416 Remington or barreling any controlled feed action to 416 Ruger.
If you hunt Africa one draw back to a 416 Ruger versus a 416 Remington is ammunition availability. 416 Remington is a lot easier to find.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/27/23
Ruger firearms, and their owners, seem to get a lot of flack from internet experts but since Ruger’s inception rural Alaskan hunters and guides who actually get out and use and often abuse their guns appreciate their rugged reliability.

I have thought about travelling about in a van cross country buying up paddle Mark II rugers and hauling up here where they bring a high premium. Rugers work.
Posted By: ldmay375 Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/27/23
I think the price will be more in alignment with the current 300 Winchester and 338 Winchester in this configuration. As already stated the first order will be less expensive than those are selling for at other local large and small businesses.

I replace the stocks on M70 stainless Tupperware rifles. So the Ruger Hogue is no different. H-S Precision & Bell & Carlson stocks have replacements that fit these Rugers. I am not sure if McMillan still does for the Rugers. These rifles have grouped well with my Barnes hand loads, and the DoubleTap 270 grain TSX load. Very little difference in groups with Hogue and aftermarket bedded stocks. The Hogue is definitely suitable for purpose. I did not care the dimensions and replaced.

Where I moose hunt, 230 yards is about the limit of visibility between alder patches, from a side hill elevation. The Barnes 350 TTSX get me to 250 yards with 2000 FPS or more remaining. I am confident the 325 grain CEB Maximus will do the same or better. Most of my opportunities are well under that, and the 350 grain TSX has worked at substantially less than max velocity.

One of my favorite rifles is an older Alaskan with a McMillan stock. I spent over 30 days with it this year.
It might of seen 5 days of dry during that period and spent the nights in an unheated tent. Maintenance was an occasional drop of oil on the blued sights and sometimes a wipe down with a paper towel at night. I have another one of these rifles in H-S Precision stock without scope. Right at 8 pounds 1 ounce, it makes for a pretty handy walk-about rifle.

It took me a couple of years after the introduction of this cartridge to buy one. I have pretty much had a 416 Remington since Winchester made it in the M70. I still have 2 of them. One is a re-barreled 22" stainless. Nice rifle but the 20" Ruger is my preferred.
Posted By: ironbender Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/27/23
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I have thought about travelling about in a van cross country buying up paddle Mark II rugers and hauling up here where they bring a high premium. Rugers work.
Retirement plan, Thomas! 👍
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/30/23
Originally Posted by Big Thick

Hint.

Dumasses anyway, right? Probably find them using Partitions or something too....even getting their clients close instead of launching at 700 yards just because they can get glass on them....bunch of dumbasses anyway. Sheesh!
Posted By: 458Win Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 10/31/23
Guilty as charged
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: APHA 416 Ruger rifles - 11/07/23
Guilty as charged

🤣🤣🤣
© 24hourcampfire