Home
Posted By: 458 Lott Bird brain - 06/19/07
One of the downsides of summer is getting 12 months of grass growth in 3 months. I was clearing the kids stuff off the lawn before mowing and found this guy in the tall grass. Not sure what he was suffering from, but he looked pretty pretty weak and his feathers were wet and matted down. So I picked him up, he hopped onto my arm and then my shoulder. Then after he got a bit stronger he flew to the bottom of a spruce tree. I got some bird seed for him and picked him up to try and get him to eat some, but he didn't seem too intersted. He did seem perk up though.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dalliwacker Re: Bird brain - 06/19/07
Cool!

PS. Trim your nose hairs or make the pic smaller. smile
Posted By: Brother_Bill Re: Bird brain - 06/19/07
I think he's suffering from the avian flu......your [bleep]. <grin>
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Bird brain - 06/19/07
That was my wife's concern, but my son said not to worry as black capped chickadees aren't migratory birds. Then again, I guess the local birds can get sick from the DSMF'ers laugh

They "upgraded" my work puter again, so I haven't had a chance to figure out how to size pics with the new viewer.
Posted By: Brother Dave Re: Bird brain - 06/19/07
LOL
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Bird brain - 06/21/07
I don't think one would likely get much of anything from a fledgling. You probably rescued one who was looking for the door labeled "natural selection, a.k.a life-in-the-wild-can-suck; then you die."
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Bird brain - 06/21/07
Maybe, but natural selection eliminates the unlucky as well as the unfit.
Posted By: Scott_Thornley Re: Bird brain - 06/21/07
Paul,

If you are running Windows, plain old MS Paint can resize pictures. It's in the Image menu - Stretch/Skew. Just pick a stretch percentage less than 100%.

Scott
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Bird brain - 06/21/07
I resized it, but now I can't find the edit button on the post?
Posted By: 379 Peterbilt Re: Bird brain - 06/21/07
You can't edit after 24 hours have past. Too bad, cuz that pic is HUUUGE grin
© 24hourcampfire