Home
Posted By: 379 Peterbilt Cordova in September - 06/25/07
May fly to Cordova the first week of September for silver and trout fishing. I'd like to run the road out to million dollar bridge and back, over the course of 4-5 days. Question: Would blackies & deer be worth pursuing as well?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Cordova in September - 06/25/07
Blackies maybe, not sure about deer. Be sure to bring your rain gear too, cause your going to get wet!
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Cordova in September - 06/25/07
Believe you'd need a boat for deer, as far as I know there are only deer on the Islands, not the mainland. Not that there might not be a few deer running around, but I wouldn't count on it.
Posted By: BW Re: Cordova in September - 06/25/07
Paul is right about the deer. Never seen a deer out that road. Lot's of moose though, a few black bears, and even a few brown bears.

I think some of the best Coho fishing is on the Aliganik Slough. Check the spelling, I may be wrong.

That's about as far out as we even went for coho, although we used to go way out near the glacier for reds.

That's a great area, you should have lots of fun.
Posted By: Dalliwacker Re: Cordova in September - 06/25/07
Cordova is a great little town. Not that you asked, but for in town lodging you can't go wrong with the Reluctant Fisherman (424-3272). If you're needing a rental, Chinook Auto Rentals can accomodate. (424-5279)

Deer do exist on the mainland, but they are slim, slim picken's.
Posted By: 379 Peterbilt Re: Cordova in September - 06/26/07
Thanks gents, I'm taking notes.

Thus far, Ive been able to research alot of good info on Cordova via google, however relavant black bear & deer hunting info is limited, hence the post.

Were the opportunities strictly limited to good fishing and jumbo moose viewing, it'd be worth it to me. Black bear hunting thrown in, a heck of a nice bonus.

Looks like taking a bear tag along rates worthy?!?
Posted By: Dalliwacker Re: Cordova in September - 06/26/07
Looks like taking a bear tag along rates worthy?!?

For sure!
© 24hourcampfire