Home
Got my official free (or was it $5 - I can't remember.....), "senior" geezer hunting/fishing/trapping license from the State yesterday. Good from now on...

That's another $50 available for permit applications every year! smile

I'd say "they are gonna lose money on this deal" - but somehow I think that just ain't gonna happen....
Congratulations!

I'm not that far behind you, which became abundantly clear the last two days shoveling snow... whistle.

Dennis
Sheesh...you buncha geezers! whistle

bhtr
Takes one....
blush
Originally Posted by las

I'd say "they are gonna lose money on this deal" - but somehow I think that just ain't gonna happen....

Well...you can still read sign! smile
Manditory welfare for the aged. grin
I suppose sixbits will jump you now about more entitlements and handouts...
Likely so...but a free license at this point would represent about as good a return on investment as my 401K does right now... whistle.

ps...it's still my damn money... grin!
I would like to thank you for the mention on this licence issue.

I take the opportunity to let you folks know that the Alaska State Constitution says that the fish and game belong to the People of Alaska.

If this was truly the case, then why did we ever need a licence in the first place?

Isn't this the same logic you folks use about the money from "your" PFD's?
Originally Posted by Brother Dave

Dang Dave, PM me some Powerball numbers! smile
Originally Posted by ironbender

...and some box score prognostications!

bhtr
Originally Posted by 3sixbits
I would like to thank you for the mention on this licence issue.

I take the opportunity to let you folks know that the Alaska State Constitution says that the fish and game belong to the People of Alaska.

If this was truly the case, then why did we ever need a licence in the first place?

Isn't this the same logic you folks use about the money from "your" PFD's?

Because I live a thousand miles away from you, and I don't know if you're taking "your share" or if you're taking every one else's share and selling it on the blackmarket. Nor do you know that about me. So all of us hired the ADF&G and the Troopers to develop a rational system of allocating our game and fish amongst us, and to enforce it. This costs money, so we decided to pay for licensing and other costs to assure that we would have game and fish in perpetuity, and that no one would cheat us.

It's not a perfect system, and frequently the details don't make any sense, particularly from a distance. But as one of 600,000 owners of the game and fish, I count on the people we've hired to keep it at least reasonable. Just like I count on the people I've hired to manage the drilling and sale of my oil to make sure I get my fair share.

Maybe the difference is that I view Borough, State and Federal workers as my employees rather than as my enemies. I get pissed when they don't do a good job, and I don't mind bringing it up with them -- but they are not the enemy, in my view. Some of them are even my friends grin.

Just my take on it...

Dennis
As the call-girl told her john ---"Making love to me is free, but the sex is going to cost you....."
Ohhh...Kay. That one has gone right over my head so far... grin.

Dennis
LOL
I bought mine for 2009 already, so I just have to buy one more and I go on the Fishing/hunting license dole and proud of it.
Originally Posted by muledeer
Ohhh...Kay. That one has gone right over my head so far... grin.

Dennis

Reference to 36bits about the game belonging to everyone so why do we have tp pay for licences, etc.

We can love it all we want (ala gweenies), but if we want to actually use it, we pay for the privilege.
Gotcha. Kinda slow... grin.

Dennis

20, 38, 42, 45, 51, PB 04

It's what I'm using tonight for the 90 mil.
Hey George-
Looks like Bro Dave hacked your profile! smile
Hey George-
Looks like Bro Dave hacked your profile! smile

105 next week. Going to get new numbers since they changed the game. Mega Millions and MegaBucks numbers are up next.
...MegaBucks numbers are up next.

Where have I heard that before.....

smile
© 24hourcampfire