Home
My dealer just quit so I'm looking for recomendations on a good dealer to do my transfers through. Prefer Eagle River but someone who charges less and is in Anchorage would be just as good.
Thanks,
Josh
Here's the address to write...In case you can't find one here.

You can also try gunsamerica...scroll down to the bottom of the page & they have a link for their regestered FFL users.

3/18/08

To obtain a listing of FFLs in your residential zip code, please submit a request to:
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Chief, Firearms and Explosives Services Division
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25405

Thanks
You can also do a search through gunbroker.

PM sent also.
I just used Gunrunners in Anchorage. $25 and it went smooth. I like Boondocks in Eagle River but they quoted me $40!
I just got a good deal on an Encore 45-70Katahdin at Boondocks (only good deal I've ever seen there). I've got a couple different recomendations now on dealers that I think should do very well.
Thanks,
Josh
Alaska Custom Firearms on Old Seward was $20....
Chimo's in Wasilla is $150!!
$150 to transfer one gun? I owe somebody some money, or at least booze.
You probably would get a multi-gun discount though...
That makes sense to me. Buy in bulk and save.

Since it's a quantity thing, I'll just substitute quantity for quality. Two gallons of Gordon's Vodka coming up!

(Where have I heard that before?)
Originally Posted by cwh2
$150 to transfer one gun? I owe somebody some money, or at least booze.

Yeah, pretty crazy, ain't it? I almost $hit when he told me that when I wanted to mail a rifle off. I go elsewhere now.
"Two gallons of Gordon's Vodka coming up!"

Double entendre intended?
I'm pretty sure I told you about that time the radio station was having a pun contest. I tried the quantity-over-quality approach (again) by submitting 10 different puns, figuring at least one would win.
Uh... pretty sure he is not looking for a pun dealer... quantity discount be damned!
I just used Price Busters Pawn in Anchorage for $25, itwas painless and he held on to it for a month for free, I live in the bush.
Thor
$25 sounds like a pretty fair deal. Especially compared to what Arctic guns in Fairbanks charges. My son was expecting a Win-M71 in 475 Turnbull from Doug Turnbull and phoned to see what they charged. The owner's wife answered and said $40 but when the rifle showed up and my son tried to pick it up the owner claimed he owed $500 !!! as their fee was either $50 or 10% of the value of the gun - whichever was MORE !!! First my son thought it was a joke but since the owner seemed serious he said to return the rifle or take $50 ( which was more than the owner's wife had quoted)
I was in that store last week and heard the owner again tell a client that he was waiving the normal 10% fee and "only" charging him $50 as he was a regular customer.
Dylan Saunders
7.62 Precision
3951 E. 66th Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99507
phone: 907-317-8440
fax: 907-868-4774

Great people and they charge $10 a gun.
© 24hourcampfire