Home
Posted By: slm9s Any hunting near Ugashik? - 01/26/10
I fished reds for 10 seasons in bristol bay and will never forget how beautiful Ugashik was (compared to Egegik). I always wanted to return (but not on a 32' boat) and am wondering if there's any hunting around there, as in a lodge or ???
Posted By: BRWNBR Re: Any hunting near Ugashik? - 01/27/10
yep. at least one guide is up there ,Lameroux i believe. tom kirstien is on the river, gus is up on the lake.and i think lots of private parcels...? could be wrong though...just google it.
Posted By: Notropis Re: Any hunting near Ugashik? - 01/27/10
We fished the Ugashik River Lodge several years ago and would go back except that it seems to have been sold. There were lots of ptarmigan about and we did see several moose. Bear tracks were not uncommon. I would be interested to get some information about any lodges that are presently operating on the river or lake. We fished at the outlet of the lower lake and also at the connection between the two lakes.
I hunted moose in 08, I could see the Ugashik hills from where I was.That was state land but need a plane to get into the area.
Posted By: slm9s Re: Any hunting near Ugashik? - 01/28/24
btt
Posted By: waterrat Re: Any hunting near Ugashik? - 01/29/24
The whole of the Ugashik area is either float plane or small wheel plane dependent. The tidewater area is a giant swamp with high winds, the alternative is land on either upper or lower Ugashik and have a good seaworthy RIB with plenty of hp and lots of gas. You need to chose your camp wisely and be able to secure your boat too. Great fishing and good moose that will require a savy hunting plan,,,bears galore too!
© 24hourcampfire