Home
My cousin's daughter's Husky about got ate up, busted it's collar as an 8 footer came in for his food. Shot a warning shot I understand but it spun ready to charge .....the bear lost.

Guess they sometimes have to learn the hard way when they get come into town.
Whereabouts?

Dennis
Gustavus why? Fish and Game had to come out and do the report, etc. Rug and meat were salvaged so nothing wasted on that front.
Cinnamon bears are very uncommon here...bet you that one crossed the Canada border at some point.

How about seeing if you can get a picture or two for us...would love to see it.

Thanks...

Dennis
Yeah, I thought you might be getting at that, at first someone thought it was a Brownie. Dennis, I am supposed to get pics so PM if I don't have any posted say this time next week to remind me, but I was promised a few.

Thanks.

Hmmmm, makes me REALLY think I should been up there ready to open today's Moose hunt....etc.

Next year I plan to go, no doubt.
Strangely enough Dennis, around Juneau I've seen almost as many cinnamon bears as black phase. Seems like a common genetic theme in the Juneau bears. Unless you're talking about cinnimon as something other than a brown phase, black bear.
My cousin called it a 'brown phase - black bear' after calling it Cinnamon, if that matters???
It got worse! The broad behind the counteat the millennium asked me if I had an AARP card. Bittch!
I asked her if she was old enough to drink she
Didn't find that to funny either. Touche
Need an AARP number for a discount? smile
Originally Posted by wildone
It got worse! The broad behind the counteat the millennium asked me if I had an AARP card. Bittch!

Senior moment? grin
Originally Posted by AKBoater
Strangely enough Dennis, around Juneau I've seen almost as many cinnamon bears as black phase. Seems like a common genetic theme in the Juneau bears. Unless you're talking about cinnimon as something other than a brown phase, black bear.

I'd concur that I've seen quite a few cinnamon bears in the Juneau area over the years. Maybe 10-20 percent are this color phase. More south of town from about Slocum Inlet and further south.

I recall one year seeing a cinnamon sow with three black cubs.

Only one glacier bear ever seen out just north of Tee Harbor.
That one sow at the glacier a couple years ago had a cinnamon and a black cub. She was black.
Those sows are just sluts. They'll do anything and don't care what the kids look like.
Now that's funny!

Somethin is funny here. I thought this post and my reply were in your "Adventure Starts Sunday" thread.

Weird!
Hey, not a problem sir, now time to finish that fresh beer wink
Originally Posted by ironbender

Somethin is funny here. I thought this post and my reply were in your "Adventure Starts Sunday" thread.

Weird!

Funny thing is, nobody cared. smile
It's fine, hope all is well for you.
Huh?
6.5 my apology sir , I to thought I put this in my thread, at least that is where I typed it in. Don't know how it got here.

Now back to the regularly scheduled bear story
I think it's a software glitch.
No problem guys, I am waiting to get pics and will post when can. Thanks.
Sorry it took so long

[Linked Image]

Wowza!

Too bad is wasn't open season on blackies . . .

It really squared 8 feet?

What did ADF&G say the skull measured?
Big bear, no doubt, but not 8'...
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Yeah. Hide measurements don't mean anything to me, as I've seen some whoppers told regarding hide measurements. Skull is where it's at.
That's a big fat bear regardless of the numbers...

Dennis
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Yeah. Hide measurements don't mean anything to me, as I've seen some whoppers told regarding hide measurements. Skull is where it's at.

+1
Agree - doubt it would hit 8' on a tape. I just saw the pic for the first time yesterday, you know how stories go, reported what I was first told. No official measurements or info - sorry.

Nice animal, ashame it had to come into town where he met his fate. I do hear Cinnamon bear's are not too plentiful.
"I do hear Cinnamon bear's are not too plentiful."

I can think of at least one yard where there was one too many...
© 24hourcampfire