Home
http://www.adn.com/2011/09/09/2058507/extreme-aurora-predicted-for-tonight.html
Thanks for the heads up!

(As I never bother to read the ADN...........)
Originally Posted by UncleJake
Thanks for the heads up!

(As I never bother to read the ADN Daily Worker...........)

Fixt.

I only saw it as I was looking for the info on the brown Mtn hunter.
Yeah, right...... wink

You let it slip that you know the secret name, and I bet you know the secret handshake too!

grin
Pard calls it the Anch Pravda.
rainy and cloudy here so I'm going to bed, take some pix for us Mike

the girl settlin in ok?
Have to take a walk down to the river & see what I can see...
Up past midnight...not a hint of aurora did I see. Did have an owl sounding off at another one though...which was reward enough for the attempt.
Did anyone have enough VFR conditions to see something?
I could see a few pale green streaks from the Cunningham park area in Kenai around 11-11:30, but the moon was so bright it was tough to see.
I got rain in my eyes lookin up at the sky

by my way of thinking that scoundrel ironbender owes me a beer for my pain and suffering
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I got rain in my eyes lookin up at the sky

by my way of thinking that scoundrel ironbender owes me a beer for my pain and suffering

Will do, but don't chute the messanger!

Saw only stars here. Big and little dipper, good ol' Polaris, Cassiopeia. Treats in themselves, being clear. Moon really washed things out.
What was ya'll looking for. I thought the man in the moon was going to piss in the big dipper. But I missed it, I guess. miles
Link in the OP, Miles. Northern lights were predicted to be at least decent.
[Linked Image]
it was a nice show in Anchorage

WildcoollightsmanAlaska ��2002-2011
Really nice show for texans 8-10th! Lots of pics,will load a few after we get back home
Looking forward to them Jeff.
y'all might not be impressed, but I hadn't seen em since 86.... thank GOD Carolyn stayed up for a couple of hours taking pics, I watched em one night and then couldn't drag my azz out of the tent the other 2 nights, worn out.

You weren't hauling horses on the Denali yesterday were ya? We passed a horse trailer full...
Not me.
we'll try here...
/Users/jeffrost/Desktop/IMG_0515.JPG

oops try again....
Nope, not on server yet... will have to wait till photobucket gets loaded... I think Carolyn has 636 pics to sort through.....
The Auroras were quite nice but a day or two after the strongest ones were forecasted. The only problem was the bright moon illuminating the sky, but I had the chance to take around 50 shots of the Auroras from 10:00-11:00PM. I only had time to PP one so far:
[Linked Image]
Nice! We don't see the aurora here as often or as well as we did in Fbx. I sure miss laying in the snow garbed in parka, Refrigiwear, and bunny boots at -20 enjoying the show!
Originally Posted by ironbender
Nice! We don't see the aurora here as often or as well as we did in Fbx. I sure miss laying in the snow garbed in parka, Refrigiwear, and bunny boots at -20 enjoying the show!

Yes, it can be quite cold in here. But it was not too mad earlier this year, in March, and the Auroras were the brighter I have seen them for years. When I took the one above it was around 40 degrees.
© 24hourcampfire