Home
Posted By: Romo Need help ASAP - 09/11/11
Dean aka Wildone is waiting on his plane at Warbalows in Fairbanks. He rented 2 Pro Pioneers but the company who he rented it from delivered it yesterday without a pump. He called but they're closed and I call Larry Bartlett but he's out until the 22nd. Anyone have a Pro Pioneer pump in Fairbanks that he can pickup within the hour? If so please let me know and I'll PM you my number and Dean's number.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Need help ASAP - 09/12/11
answered via pm, also

didn't get off the river till 9 last night and have no cell service when on it (thanks AT&T)

had a message on my cell from Wild1, and then a pm from Romo when I got home, I'm sure one of my two pumps and half a dozen fittings would have worked???

is there something special or different about the Pro Pioneer pumps I'm unfamiliar with?

anyway felt bad was unavailable to help Dean out, I had no idea he was in town, hopefully they got hooked up with something.

maybe it's a sign, perhaps with a little pre trip hinkiness it's Dean's year to kill a big bastage of a moose

they are out there!
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Need help ASAP - 09/12/11
""the company who he rented it from delivered it yesterday without a pump"" ....... time to bad mouth somebody. just sayin
Posted By: Romo Re: Need help ASAP - 09/13/11
I don't think Wildone is going to bad mouth anyone. It happens. When you can't ride a horse you ride a mule. I'm sure they'll make due. I just hope Dean finally plugs Bullwinkle; or, it's time he takes up knitting.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Need help ASAP - 09/16/11
If the Pro Pioneer can not be inflated with any $10 pump using a tapered nozzle, they need to change their design.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Need help ASAP - 09/24/11
Originally Posted by Romo
I don't think Wildone is going to bad mouth anyone. It happens. When you can't ride a horse you ride a mule. I'm sure they'll make due. I just hope Dean finally plugs Bullwinkle; or, it's time he takes up knitting.

we made due. Thanks for posting this.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Need help ASAP - 09/24/11
Originally Posted by Romo
I just hope Dean finally plugs Bullwinkle; or, it's time he takes up knitting.

Dean passed up on a moose, and I had a freaky 63" browtiney moose step out where i was watching. One paddle is messed up, but I'm ticked pink with him. Very old, heavy bastid. Of course he ended up in the water, with a good hump back to camp. I always learn things the hard way.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Need help ASAP - 09/24/11
texting Dean as I came outa the woods last night back into cell service.

heard about your moose then, congrats, looking forward to seeing the pix

little bit different hauling a moose than a blacktail?

my pack was too far away for these old bones for sure, I need to develop better trigger control as in don't shoot em so far from the river!

glad you had a good hunt Calvin, lookin forward to hearing more about it.

as an aside though, Barnes TSX 120 gr. thunked outa a 7-08 won't hardly kill a moose.....unless you want him DRT.
© 24hourcampfire