Home
Hey guys, I just bought a 9.3x62 and was wondering how you feel about using one in AK...I really like it so far but I'd like to hear you experiences...Thanks
Picked on up this winter.

Come August 1st I'll start having some stories for you!

Originally Posted by jfo4

Looking forward to that. Keep us posted...
[Linked Image]

Not a X62 but the #1 stock version that Ruger made works alright I guess. (Long skinny, rimmed dudes load really nice under a scope, too! laugh )
Originally Posted by jfo4

What you chasing?
Looking forward to hunting season here on Kodiak.

After Blacktails on the deer opener and hoping to get in on a registration Mt. Goat hunt on the west end.

I have three of them - if that answers your question
Whats 9.3x62 ammo availability like in Alaska?
im not in Alaska but very close. one of my best friend is using and will certainly chime in soon.

and im thinking about getting one soon ...
I have a shelf full of brass, primers, powder and bullets - so I guess it is good
I'm in BC, next door to Alaska and I have four 9,3x62 rifles, all CRF,have had three others and have a drilling in 9.3x74R, the round used in "Klickatarik's Ruger No 1. I have not shot anything big yet as I have been tied up at home for two years with an invalid wife, but, these rifles are replacing everything else I have based on what I have seen and read so far.

I have a Brno ZG-47, two of them, actually, that is in a Micky Edge handle,Talley QDs and a Zeiss Conquest 4x. It weighs just over 8 lbs, puts both the 286NP and Hornady IL into the same small groups at 100M and gives about 2480 at the muzzle with less kick than any of my .338WM or .375H&H rifles.

It holds five rounds while still being slim enough to carry comfortably in one hand and, I consider it a "perfect" bush rifle for the average guy in bear country.
Have a trim little Husky and Before the better bullets were avialable, I used the Speer 270s on a full grown moose at 260yds and it went straight down after a quartering away shot through the lungs.
Originally Posted by kutenay
I'm in BC, next door to Alaska and I have four 9,3x62 rifles, all CRF,have had three others and have a drilling in 9.3x74R, the round used in "Klickatarik's Ruger No 1. I have not shot anything big yet as I have been tied up at home for two years with an invalid wife, but, these rifles are replacing everything else I have based on what I have seen and read so far.

I have a Brno ZG-47, two of them, actually, that is in a Micky Edge handle,Talley QDs and a Zeiss Conquest 4x. It weighs just over 8 lbs, puts both the 286NP and Hornady IL into the same small groups at 100M and gives about 2480 at the muzzle with less kick than any of my .338WM or .375H&H rifles.

It holds five rounds while still being slim enough to carry comfortably in one hand and, I consider it a "perfect" bush rifle for the average guy in bear country.

Thanks kutenay,
Originally Posted by 458Win
I have three of them - if that answers your question

That says a lot coming from you....for sure!!!
I have a shelf full of brass, primers, powder and bullets - so I guess it is good

So when we are in alaska we can just stop by your house.... grin
stop on by - the coffee is always on and the beer is cold.

Here is one of the bears my clients took this spring. This rifle is a 9.3x66 rather than the 9.3x62 that the hunter was shooting

[Linked Image]

and here is where he finally fell
[Linked Image]
stop on by - the coffee is always on and the beer is cold.

Here is one of the bears my clients took this spring. This rifle is a 9.3x66 rather than the 9.3x62 that the hunter was shooting

[Linked Image]

and here is where he finally fell
[Linked Image]

Pretty cool Phil. Thanks for sharing...
Spring! Looks like winter, how late did bears come out on the peninsula? Thanks for pic. Kurt
I kilt a moose with one.

Would do again.
Phil. I'd like to take you up on that offer sometime in the future!

But my real question is where in Alaska can I buy 9.3x62 ammo? I'd expect to be able to in Fairbanks and Anchorage. But where else is it on the shelf? Compare 9.3x62 availability to that of the two 375's and the 338 Win Mag.
I've seen it here in Homer.
Rayco in Juneau had some Remington 286gr stuff last month.
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
Phil. I'd like to take you up on that offer sometime in the future!

But my real question is where in Alaska can I buy 9.3x62 ammo? I'd expect to be able to in Fairbanks and Anchorage. But where else is it on the shelf? Compare 9.3x62 availability to that of the two 375's and the 338 Win Mag.

Just bring it with you.Your ammo will fly in the same gun case as your rifle.

I have never fired more than a couple of rounds while hunting a big game animal,and sometimes.....none frown

My main big game rifle is a wildcat.I always bring spare ammo and an extra magazine.After a rather nasty sidehill rollover on my ATV with the rifle on board last year,three rounds went to re-check my zero,and it was good BTW.
that's one of the best out there. don't forget to share the pics
I've the small Action Packer full of brass and bullets for both the 62 and 64's. Done now, with satisfaction and gave the 62 to my youngest boy now a young man and hunter.
© 24hourcampfire