Home
Posted By: knifeman Halibut Charter - 01/06/13
Anybody know a good charter service to use going out of Seward? Don't want a chicken boat. The captain I used in the past moved to Keywest.Big Wussy.But I'll be fishin with him in the hot Fla. sun in March. Appreciate any good advice.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
Pro-FishN-Sea or Crackerjack are the only 2 I would even consider out of Seward.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
As above......none better!
Posted By: Unalakleet_Yooper Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
+1 on Crackerjack or Pro-FishN-Sea. Those guys will work hard for you.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
I would love to do that someday, and not just for the halibut. (Pun intended.)
Posted By: 79S Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
Heck with Seward go to the ninilchik/anchor point... Be fishing for halibut in 45 minutes... Done the Seward thing never again
Posted By: Calvin Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
I'm pretty sure I remember that Crackerjack was running a 27lb average for halibut. That's really good. Much higher than the average.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
We always used Just in time charters. The guys crude to be sure but we always maxed out with good fish. Actually caught a porpoise while salmon fishing. Needless to say the line went out fast, snapped it on purpose as fast as we could.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
Went with crackerjack this last summer; they stopped on structure, one guy caught a 100 pounder, then we went to the chicken hole with all the other boats. They may do better if you book the boat for your party.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
There is a reason no one has suggested Saltwater Safari...
Posted By: knifeman Re: Halibut Charter - 01/07/13
Thanks for the recommendations.Will make a call today.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Halibut Charter - 01/08/13
Charter the boat if possible.
Posted By: Notropis Re: Halibut Charter - 01/08/13
I fished with Crackerjack two years ago and would charter with him again without hesitation.
Posted By: 4214chip Re: Halibut Charter - 01/09/13
We have fished with both Crackerjack and Profish. Both are topnotch outfits and have done a super job for us. They are operated out of the same office in Seward. The lady that does all the paper work for them, Robin, winters in Minnesota.

We have time booked in mid July with both charters again for Silvers and Halibut. We prefer the smaller 6-pak boats and find that there is often only 4 or 5 total people on the boats when my wife and I fish with them.

Call them soon if you have not done so already. They book up early!!!
Posted By: VernAK Re: Halibut Charter - 01/09/13
I might add:

The boats and tackle are first class and well cared for....when considering a fishing charter, I always check out the boat and gear. If the boat looks poorly maintained or dirty and stinks, I don't charter......Steve's boats and crew are great at ProFish.

Be sure all members of party have the same goals and expectations as disgruntled whiners can ruin your trip.
Posted By: dedity Re: Halibut Charter - 01/11/13
nuther one for Justintime, the guy is a born and raised Seward fisherman, him and capt' beau will no doubt bust their ass to get you on good fish.
Fast boat and top notch tackle..

That said,,,,,,Crackerjack is definitely a class act also, Andy is a good man,just have to make sure that if C.J and Pro are booked they don't set you up with a differnt charter.
© 24hourcampfire