Home
Posted By: Take_a_knee Wolverine Fur - 11/08/13
Any body know where I can beat this deal? I just want a strip for a fishtail hood, not an entire pelt.

http://www.glacierwear.com/crafts-claws-bone/wolverine-fur-strip-for-ruff.html
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Wolverine Fur - 11/08/13
Try H.E. Goldberg in Seattle.

1-800-722-8201

H. E. Goldberg & Co.

BTW, Glacier is full of crap in their ad description. Wolf and coyote won't frost up either.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Wolverine Fur - 11/08/13
Thanks Steve, those folks have timberwolf parka ruffs for $80.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Wolverine Fur - 11/08/13
Wolverine is FAR better than wolf or coyote in the frost department. There is no comparison in my very direct experience.
Posted By: endgameAK Re: Wolverine Fur - 11/08/13
Wolverine is superior to wolf or coyote. I've had pricey wolf ruffs that got ratty after only 2 years of use ... the guard hairs gradually break off and the fluffy undercoat is what's left. Wolverine is far more durable and functional. I have 3 still-beautiful wolverine ruffs I had made in the early 1990's and still use constantly ... they have all outlived the parkas they started on. Treat them with respect and away from high heat and they'll outlast you.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Wolverine Fur - 11/09/13
PM Wolfwoman. She might have what you need.
Posted By: las Re: Wolverine Fur - 11/12/13
My Eskimo Parka has/had wolverine ruff and trim. Made in 1974, the parka (mouton sheep hide) and ruff are doing fine. The wrist and bottom trim not so much. Damned fires..... smile

What Art said. With wolverine fur, it's not "frost free" as I have read sometimes, but frost brushes right off. Not so with wolf - don't know about coyote.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Wolverine Fur - 11/13/13
...and wolferine hold up to the brushing mo' betta'.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Wolverine Fur - 11/13/13
Originally Posted by las
My Eskimo Parka has/had wolverine ruff and trim. Made in 1974, the parka (mouton sheep hide) and ruff are doing fine. The wrist and bottom trim not so much. Damned fires..... smile

What Art said. With wolverine fur, it's not "frost free" as I have read sometimes, but frost brushes right off. Not so with wolf - don't know about coyote.

Old fishtail hoods used to have coyote, it didn't work too well. The locals all bragged on wolverine and a few had their own. Have not heard a peep from Wolfwoman.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Wolverine Fur - 11/13/13
She has an email addy and a website in her profile. Might be a better way of contact than PM.
© 24hourcampfire