Home
Posted By: TNsavageman One Month... - 04/14/14
One month until I fly out of Tennessee to hunt bears on POW with Johnnie Laird. I am really excited about the trip and can't wait to see Alaska for the first time. I will post a hunt report on my return. Any advice for a newbie? I've got the rain gear covered with HH. Haha.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
Watch your wallet.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
Don't grab Devil's Club for support while climbing.

Ed
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Don't grab Devil's Club for support while climbing.

Ed

this ^

all I have to add is ENJOY yourself, you probably worked hard for the money this trip costs

really appreciate you coming to the place we call home, hope you kill a big'un and get a taste for just how beautiful, vast and diverse this state is.
Posted By: ironbender Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
I concur with the three posts above this.
Posted By: labdad Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
Fight the urge to bag a Haidapottamus!

Posted By: VernAK Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
Just bring a good attitude and you'll do fine. Pretty country down there.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
You going through Ketchikan? Shoot me a line if you are and we can grab a beer if your going to be in town for any amount of time.
Posted By: TNsavageman Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
Thanks for the replies. This has been something that I have worked hard to make happen and I couldn't be any more excited.
FishinHank, I'll be in Ketchikan the night of the 15th. It would be great to grab a beer.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
Cool. Keep in touch as it gets closer. I am currently at a remote camp and we aren't sure when exactly we will be done. Might have to be on the return trip back through town. Either way you will love it over there for sure. POW is pretty cool.
Posted By: Calvin Re: One Month... - 04/14/14
Good luck, and post a report. Should be a few more bears on the island since it went to a drawing.
Posted By: TNsavageman Re: One Month... - 05/27/14
Ok guys... I made it back from POW Sunday morning. I won't make this long, but I had a GREAT hunt. The weather was really nice and the beaches, as well as, the woods greened up fast. I saw a lot of bears (16) and even managed to shoot one. Haha. He wasn't the biggest bear that we saw (18" skull), but it was an awesome stalk through a beaver swamp.
It is definitely a great experience and for anyone that is thinking about a black bear hunt, Johnnie runs a good outfit. I am not good with posting pictures, but I would be happy to share them with a member if they want to see or post them.
Thanks
Eli
Posted By: redfoxx Re: One Month... - 05/28/14
Congrats Eli, and welcome back.
© 24hourcampfire