Home
Posted By: MuskegMan Confusing Photo - 04/15/14

So I took this pic this weekend and sent it to a few buddies. A few of them got rather confused. I explained that this is my secret pine needle jig. Just cast it up into the tree for Sooty's. I did lose quite a few jigs using this method though. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Confusing Photo - 04/16/14
Do they strike at it or is it a snagging only proposition? grin

Ed
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Confusing Photo - 04/16/14
Gill plate forward.....
Posted By: Mssgn Re: Confusing Photo - 04/30/14
When he was a lad my uncle killed a deer - with a bamboo fishing rod. The rod wasn't worth muchh for fishing after that though....
Posted By: byc Re: Confusing Photo - 05/04/14
I've had them hit bait in the water and drowned with the tide.

Not pleasant.
Posted By: las Re: Confusing Photo - 05/06/14
Does color matter?

I've tried jigging for ptarmigan, but the little bastids always fly away before I get within rod-reach...
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Confusing Photo - 05/06/14

Originally Posted by las
Does color matter?

I've tried jigging for ptarmigan, but the little bastids always fly away before I get within rod-reach...

You obviously haven't refined your techniques to involve the use of gyre falcons overhead then. I can guarantee that color shape and size of human related stuff means nothing under those conditions.
Posted By: las Re: Confusing Photo - 05/13/14
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Originally Posted by las
Does color matter?

You obviously haven't refined your techniques to involve the use of gyre falcons overhead then. I can guarantee that color shape and size of human related stuff means nothing under those conditions.

Well sure- if you are into a cloud of feathers.... one can get the same effect shooting a spruce grouse with OO buck and avoid all that bird training.!
© 24hourcampfire