Home
Just got outside of another... Anybody ever had a better steak?

The Creme Brulee did not suck either.
Went there a couple weeks ago after region soccer, for the first time.

I opted for the prime rib and was not disappointed.
I don't know about the french pepper steak at the DM (never had it) but the ribeyes at Club Paris are very hard to beat. Chair 5 actually has a very good ribeye as well.

Whenever I go to the DM I usually get on of their cajun specialties. Their Shrimp Etoufee is well worth the trip to Girdweed.
I just stay home.... [Linked Image]
Double Muskie, pepper steak is in a word....wonderful

one of my fave meals

Vallata here locally serves up a pretty fair imitation.
Love the Octa! wink
Dragging some buddies and their wives up with me next summer, planned to take the tram ride anyway, may have to check the place out, dare I ask how the prices are?!
Prices aren't too bad, probably along the same as the Glacier Brewhouse or Simon and Seaforts. Keep in mind that there is no reservation system in place so it's first come first served.

http://www.doublemuskyinn.com/framed.html
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I just stay home.... [Linked Image]

I see your putting that jr. explorer woodburning set to good use atv.... grin

J/K of course, what competition is that from?
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Prices aren't too bad, probably along the same as the Glacier Brewhouse or Simon and Seaforts. Keep in mind that there is no reservation system in place so it's first come first served.

I have not been to Simon and Seaforts for quite a while... but if their prices are anything like the Muskie's I won't be going there anytime soon. The FP Steak is $38. Meals for 11 with minimal drinks, several appetizers, and desserts was over $600. Most had the steak, one had the prime rib, and another had the Cardinal (Really good!!!) last night.
that's..."Junior Woodchucks" btw smile ak state
Every time my wife has been to Simon's she gets sick. After that I was talking to the guys that service the fire systems in their hoods and they said they were filthy and they wouldn't eat there. Great way to tell if a place keeps the kitchen clean is talking to the guys that service the hoods.

Only been to the Musky once and guess I made the mistake of not trying the pepper steak as our dishes were good, but not really up to the hype IMHO.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

I have not been to Simon and Seaforts for quite a while... but if their prices are anything like the Muskie's I won't be going there anytime soon. The FP Steak is $38. Meals for 11 with minimal drinks, several appetizers, and desserts was over $600. Most had the steak, one had the prime rib, and another had the Cardinal (Really good!!!) last night.

You could spend just as much at Simons ($41 for the filet) as you could at the DM, it all depends on what you have for dinner. It's not hard to spend $600 on 11 people in any of the better restaraunts in the Anchorage bowl. Not particularly fond of New York steaks which is probably why i've never had the pepper steak.

We don't usually go out for steaks as it's really not that hard to cook a good ribeye on the grill. Costco prime cut ribeyes are my favorite.
Hard to imagine Simon's is in that price point league... They have been seriously underwhelming too many times over the years to think of them as anything special.
Simon's has a great view, if you get a window seat. But food quality and service is underwhelming for sure.

Orso and Brew House are pretty solid on a decent meal, though they seem to keep fairly busy so getting a table can be a challenge, same with quick service.
Well to be honest, I haven't eaten there in a year or more, sounds like it's gone downhill. Never considered it anything special ourselves, it was just a good place to meet up with friends to get the weekend going.

If we're going to Anchorage for dinner, we much prefer Haute Quarter Grill or Club Paris.
We haven't been to Simon's in years and have no desire to do so. The Brew house is one of our favorites, but only go in the off tourist season. I've never been to the DM, somehow we keep forgetting it when we go out. Thats got to change soon. --- Mel

Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Simon's has a great view, if you get a window seat. But food quality and service is underwhelming for sure.

Orso and Brew House are pretty solid on a decent meal, though they seem to keep fairly busy so getting a table can be a challenge, same with quick service.
I've been told by a few people that if you wear your Xtratuffs you get a "local" discount at DM. It might piss off the wife but it's worth a shot. grin
Worth a try!
During the winter they do give big discounts to Girdwierdians on appetizers in the bar...
Nothing appetizing about Goodweedians at a bar.
Yeah, but they tend to be mellow.
Makes my mouth water thinking about it. The Pepper steak, worth every cent even WO a discount.
Had this last month. Finished the entire steak except for the considerable fat and gristle on. The steak. Would've expected a better cut. But the sauce is excellent.
For a regular grilled steak, I have never had one in a restaurant that is better than I can grill myself....even with an average cut of meat. The Double Musky's French Pepper Steak, however, is something completely different. They are a special treat, for sure.

I've never been impressed by Simon and Seaforts. I was always disappointed, and much poorer for the experience.
DM's Osso Bucco is what I really miss.

Ed
I am more than happy with my own moose and caribou Osso Bucco...
© 24hourcampfire