Home
Posted By: Royce Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
Anybody that complains about gasoline prices should come up to the Denali area and buy a gallon of milk! Sticker shock! smile
Posted By: milespatton Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
Did you ever try to milk a cow with chapped teats, when you have cold hands? grin miles
Posted By: Royce Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
Miles
Do you mean the cows teats are chapped, or my teats are chapped? Makes a big difference. smile
Posted By: milespatton Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
Makes a big difference.

Not much when your hands are cold. When that happens, I already got a chapped azz, teats would add little to that. miles
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
Denali, like Yellowstone, might have license to gouge based on what it is. There really is no other reason. There is a road. Or perhaps you haven't seen what they get for milk when it comes by air?
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
Milk prices have about doubled everywhere this year. Lot of cows went to slaughter due to high feed prices.

I think I read that the entire beef/cow herd in the US is down to what it was in the fifties due to the drought.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
and burning food for fuel ....dumb azz's
Posted By: 1minute Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
This is a most excellent time to be selling beef. $1.50/lb live weight!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
Didn't the gas station in cantwell catch fire recently?
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
Went to the "restaurant" next to the gas station twice. "Alaska's worst food, highest prices and slowest service" should have been their motto.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/17/14
The other gas station in cantwell burned down a couple years back. As far as I know, they haven't rebuilt it.

I've eaten at the restaurant in question - it was the best food I'd eaten in 5 days, and it wasn't very good smile
Posted By: akpls Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/18/14
Originally Posted by cwh2
The other gas station in cantwell burned down a couple years back. As far as I know, they haven't rebuilt it.

I've eaten at the restaurant in question - it was the best food I'd eaten in 5 days, and it wasn't very good smile
It has been rebuilt.
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/18/14
Originally Posted by Royce
Anybody that complains about gasoline prices should come up to the Denali area and buy a gallon of milk! Sticker shock! smile

headed to Denali in August....how much IS the milk?
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/18/14
As they say up here, if you have to ask...... wink
Posted By: Royce Re: Gas prices/milk prices - 07/18/14
I guess I have caught enough salmon to offset the high price of milk- And if I didn't, it's worth the cost to see Denali. Not many wild places like this left.
© 24hourcampfire