Home
Posted By: Joel/AK Small piece of heaven. - 08/16/14
Moved to MI last year and honestly it sucks IMO. Anyways we moved to a small Podunk town with 1 gas station and 1 grocery store. Not much but better than some.

Wife went to the store tonight to see if they had anything for the grill, she came home with a 6pack of Alaskan Amber. I've been looking since last July for Alaskan Amber and she finds it here. I'm gonna have to go and buy them out.

Sometimes it's the small things in life.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/16/14
Moving to Michigan from Alaska�I would have just slashed my wrists and got it over with�.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/16/14
Wrist slashing was an option..........
Posted By: ingwe Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/16/14
No doubt�

After having been back east I determined early in life that I'd shovel horse schitt for $2 an hour if thats what it takes to stay in Montucky�.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/17/14
I'll starve and freeze in the dark in AK before i step foot in the L-48 again.
Posted By: 79S Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/17/14
It sucks down here in l48 I didn't leave by choice... 4 more yrs these folks in l48 are idiots!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/17/14
It wasn't by choice either. I guess it was but family comes first. I work in Grand Rapids and those folks are so damn stupid it's not funny.

Luckily my area isn't liberal and we have about 90acres just down the road so we can teach the kid something about outdoors, but it's just not the same.
Posted By: 79S Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/17/14
Now of you score some silver gulch amber you are onto something
Posted By: Rogue Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/17/14
Joel,

Was out at FT Custer last March. We spent a little bit of time in Grande Rapids...
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/17/14
Originally Posted by 79S
It sucks down here in l48 I didn't leave by choice... 4 more yrs these folks in l48 are idiots!

Sorry to hear that. I hope it passes quickly. And yes they are. I see enough of the bastids in the summer and fall.
Posted By: 79S Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/18/14
My wife and daughter are headed back I drive them back in October. As I say the lower 48 experiment is over for them.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/18/14
u guys sound like me ...i'll be dammed if I ain;t in the states just a couple days> ......and I got to go .....
Posted By: Teal Re: Small piece of heaven. - 08/31/14
Lower MI sucks ass but I'd suspect many would find the UP tolerable.
Posted By: clintsfolly Re: Small piece of heaven. - 09/01/14
My small piece of heaven in Mi is on Bois Blanc Island! Lots of woods, trails, a few small lakes and surrounded by Lake Huron. The peaple are friendly and helpfull . Clint
© 24hourcampfire