Home
Posted By: byd What kind of gloves. - 08/27/14
What do you all use for gloves in constant wet weather that has dexterity.
I hunt the rain forests on the Olympic peninsula and gloves are the one piece of clothing I have yet to figure out.
Thanks Scott
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/27/14
Chilly Grips, I use them for just about everything but sheep hunting.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/27/14
I think these are my favorite glove, period. They are water "resistant", block wind extremely well, and are more durable than most. Mine have enough holes that I need to replace them, but I've been using them since 2011 in the spring and fall.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=msr%20windbreak%20gloves
Posted By: Ready Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/27/14
http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/mens-flurry-gloves.html

These. Anything you use will get wet, so buying something that will keep your hands warm when so, is paramount.

Prince William Sound
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/27/14

Gotta be Devils Club proof (okay, resistant) too.
Posted By: Ready Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/27/14
I found some that were, but they rusted badly...
Posted By: Calvin Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/27/14
Gloves are fairly disposable, IME. I like the chilly grips, I just hate buying pair after pair. This time of year my hands have been brutalized enough that they don't hurt anymore, and gloves ain't necessary.
Posted By: CoalCracker Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/28/14
I have been using the Patagonia R1 gloves for the past couple years for cold weather fishing, and I've been relatively happy with them. They are made from thin, stretchy, 1.5 mm neoprene with a hint of polypro lining.

With that said, these gloves suck like all other gloves I've tried for hunting/fishing, but they suck less than most for me.

In order to maintain dexterity, the neoprene has no outer shell or covering, and so I suspect they would not hold up to brush.

Here is a short video re: the R1 glove:

Posted By: ironbender Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/29/14
Neoprene gloves are great in constant wet conditions, but devil's club will shred them to useless in about 17 minutes.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/29/14
for applications of DC, I like the leather treated with beeswax.

for hunting where DC is absent,but inclement weather is not I tend to favor wool gloves

as an aside, I find it interesting the similarities in DC, District of Columbia and Devils Club

both make your life miserable due to all the pricks they contain
Posted By: BCJR Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/29/14
I use the Glacier gloves (Neoprene) They are cheap , so the fact that they don't last too long doesn't bug me too much. I just toss them and get another pair when they give up.
Posted By: byd Re: What kind of gloves. - 08/29/14
I'm hunting the Olympic peninsula in Washington constant wet, no Devils Club. Thanks for the replies so far.
© 24hourcampfire