Home
Posted By: rost495 Airports are the posting place - 09/20/14
Nope no pictures yet. Still 2000 miles or so from home on a long layover

Just wanted to say again what positive experiences we have every fall in Alaska

U folks should be proud of ur state and most of its people! Alaska air goes above and beyond always so far. Service at the terminal is heads above their service in obama central Austin. My destination airport.

Almost everyone is always friendly and helpful. The gals at ANC this morning even gave me the advice of bull moose are meant to be spikes standing off the road just far enough to be legal and on dry ground. Lol

If all the folks I talked to everywhere the last 2 weeks are representative ur stare and folks as a whole are heads and shoulders above.

Of course I am aware there are bad apples everywhere but I did not find em this trip. Many trips to town to hardware store the folks the treated me great like a local while re plumbing a bath/utility for friends. Of course u don't get better than our "adopted" parents either. You know who u are. We are forever greatful. See ya in 12 months we hope

I will say I always found unique things in glennallen but since I learned that ur resident pos liberal Walt lives there gives the poor town a bad name Lol.

Be at least tonight before can post a small bull picture. And Sunday or so before a photobucket link. Carolyn will have to edit my aurora pics to find if any are good I'm sure. And to get the token leighton food pic up

If I had only read on the new luggage costs I'd have known I could have brought more meat home and a couple pairs of extra tuffs.

Enjoy your state! I left heaven 1230 this morning headed for the hell and heat of Texas for 50 more weeks. And start next weekend with the "joy" of 3 day heavy vehicle extrication class in the heat

At least we got over 9 inches of rain while I was gone

Jeff
laugh
Actually, I think Walt is just up the road at Gakona. You probably smelled it driving by. My apologies to Gakona if my info is bad...
Finally home all intact and safe and sound. All packages arrived safely at the liberal Austin airport. Its SO much nicer dealing with folks in AK on guns and such....

At least this time they didn't just leave my rifle laying on the floor in the airport, they wanted to see a drivers license... there may still be a tiny bit of hope.
Welcome home Jeff!
Congrats Jeff, there's no other place like Alaska. I'll whole heartedly agree with you about the residents. We have been treated very well by Alaska folks, both by the Fire members we've met to the random folks we encountered during our travels. A cheerful atitude doesn't hurt either! smile
Some say i'm a grump.... but I don't think so.. LOL.

Posted By: las Re: Airports are the posting place - 09/23/14
"For a good time, call rost495". Saw that on the restroom wall next to McDonalds at the airport just this morning... smile

Friggin Security took away my marker right after...
lol Still want to hunt out of Kotz once and just see the area. Guess I've been around and didn't know it... LOL
always appreciate the kind words you have to say about the place I call home Jeff

don't think you count as a tourist any longer, more just an Alaskan trapped by circumstance in another location.

course that still won't get you a PFD check....darn

glad you had a good time and thank you for all the positives you have to say about this wonderful place I'm lucky enough to call home.
Heck with the PFD, I'd just be proud if my DL said AK... Grins.

But we gotta get Las to quit with the grafitti.

Said the cheechacko...
Posted By: las Re: Airports are the posting place - 09/25/14
Another few seconds and 7 digits and Art would have had some "splainen" to do to Miss Treated.... smile
© 24hourcampfire