Home
Posted By: Ptarmigan Full freezers - 09/22/14
No pictures yet, but my two pards took bulls about two hours after we set up camp on Thursday night. Didn't start on the first one until damn near 10 pm. We worked on them until about 4 am and had to finish after a little sleep (been up since 3am the previous day). Took until Sunday to get everything the 19 miles out. One was 40" the other was 49.5", any bull zone of course. Lots of meat for our three families! Hope I get to hunt a bit next year, haha!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Full freezers - 09/23/14
congrats! I know the 4AM feeling! But its a good one!
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Full freezers - 09/23/14
Just had some tenderloin for dinner and cut up the heart for tomorrow. Makes all the work worth it.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Full freezers - 09/23/14
Good job. Long hours, good grub!!
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Full freezers - 09/23/14
I/we stopped "cleaning moose" after dark ...a waste of time... we'v been cutting them open/ pulling back the hide and letting them breath ..then we get on it 1st thing in the daylight...no more running lights looking for knifes etc ..<2 hours to moose in boat/wheeler....no all nighters ......and never a problem
Posted By: las Re: Full freezers - 09/23/14
At least you don't have to ask, "How big are these deer anyway?" smile

You have read McManus, right?
Originally Posted by las
At least you don't have to ask, "How big are these deer anyway?" smile

You have read McManus, right?

Haha, I sort of felt a bit like Sidney this year with Cabelas and BassPro coming to town! Not to mention buying all the food for a 8 day trip that lasted 3. I love me some FREE moose!
Posted By: las Re: Full freezers - 09/23/14
Obviously you don't know "Accounting"

The meat is free.

The experience ain't. smile

Be sure to emphasize that to the wife.
Originally Posted by las
Obviously you don't know "Accounting"

The meat is free.

The experience ain't. smile

Be sure to emphasize that to the wife.

And just when I thought I never learned anything from you "more experienced" fellas!! grin laugh wink
Posted By: las Re: Full freezers - 09/24/14
I recant.

"The experience is "priceless".
© 24hourcampfire