Home
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
Anybody know where I can get info on the judges that will be on this years ballot?

Nevermind, I found it.

http://www.ajc.state.ak.us/retention/retent2014/ret2014.html
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
the news paper up here puts out a election guide .... I always vote no on them smile every once and a while a group/family will raise a stink because of a judges action...they got skin in the game ...i'll find out more/what happen.... and then I may vote yes smile
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
Stephanie Rhodes is the only one on that list that I would vote "yes" for. That takes a lot for me because I don't believe in retaining Judges.

Dana Fabe needs to retire. She was a Superior Court Judge in Anchorage for only three years and then was placed on the Supreme Court by Knowles. She is a die-hard progressive liberal.

Ed
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
I didn't see Dana Fabe on the list of judges for this coming election Ed. The AJC did reccomend voting no for William Estelle though.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
No on all of them.

A judge almost never fails to be retained because most people blindly vote yes.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
http://judgepedia.org/Alaska

I retain judges appointed by republicans, their backgrounds and organization membership. It's silly to unseat a pro-gun judge.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
The only one I know of that was not retained was in part because he referred to a clerk's nipples poking through her top as "hillbilly thermometers".

I love that line. smile
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by ironbender
The only one I know of that was not retained was in part because he referred to a clerk's nipples poking through her top as "hillbilly thermometers".

I love that line. smile

TFF,

gonna steal that one
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I didn't see Dana Fabe on the list of judges for this coming election Ed. The AJC did reccomend voting no for William Estelle though.

I know. The Supremes are on 10 year terms and she was reinstated for another one back in '10, so y'all are stuck with her through 2020. frown

Ed
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/23/14
Originally Posted by ironbender

I love that line. smile
.... smile yum!!! I like them kind myself !!
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/24/14
I generally vote for or against retention based on LE's ratings in the AJC survey. There have only been a couple I voted on based on my own experiences and observations in their courtroom.

For the most part, only up until the last 3-4 years or so most of our district court proceedings out in the bush have been handled by magistrates.
Posted By: batch Re: Judges on Nov ballot - 10/24/14
I always vote to "not retain" for all of them. It is a 10 year gig if I read it correctly and I've not seen any consistently good decisions from any of them. What is the term for other than supreme court justices?
© 24hourcampfire