Home
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Draw results - 02/18/15
Don't forget, draw results come out this Friday. Good luck to those who put in!!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Draw results - 02/19/15
Nice going John. The site will go down now with that reminder!
Posted By: Calvin Re: Draw results - 02/19/15
I'm in for local goat and elk. I'm due for the elk tag.
Posted By: AKtrapper26 Re: Draw results - 02/19/15
Originally Posted by ironbender
Nice going John. The site will go down now with that reminder!

grin Yep...I think it has already crashed - with those checking to see if it really IS Friday...
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Draw results - 02/19/15
Your guys memory is worse than mine, you no longer have to go to their site to check if you won or not.

You will get an e-mail on Friday to let you know either way, that's how it worked last year.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Draw results - 02/19/15
This is my third attempt for a Brown Bear tag.

I keep hoping.

donsm70
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Draw results - 02/19/15
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Your guys memory is worse than mine, you no longer have to go to their site to check if you won or not.

You will get an e-mail on Friday to let you know either way, that's how it worked last year.

They were far from 100% on the emails last year and farther from timely...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Draw results - 02/19/15
Originally Posted by donsm70

I keep hoping.

donsm70

Most guided BB hunt areas have a 100% success rate... Are you intending to hunt with kin?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Draw results - 02/19/15
Well they were right on time for myself and the wife, that is all I have to go by. YMMV.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Draw results - 02/19/15
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

They were far from 100% on the emails last year and farther from timely...

Thats alright... its months and months from season. If I get an email within a couple months I"m still good.

That doesn't apply to all hunts though.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Draw results - 02/20/15

I don't trust them - I look at the web site.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
I think I remember getting the email at around midnight last year.
Yep, looks like it hit my inbox at 00:09:32 on Friday the 21st, of 2014.

Sleep tight.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Draw results - 02/20/15

I keep hoping.

donsm70

Most guided BB hunt areas have a 100% success rate... Are you intending to hunt with kin?

Nope.

It's with Afognak Wilderness Lodge.

donsm70
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Draw results - 02/20/15

I don't trust them - I look at the web site.

You don't trust them but you trust their website? lol

I noticed on their website that they didn't say what time the results would be out, all they said was they would be available by Friday 20 Feb 2015.

No results yet...
I want Dual confirmation. wink
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
Website says "by today" and it is today already. They are officially late, again...

I keep hoping.

donsm70

Nope.

It's with Afognak Wilderness Lodge.

donsm70

Gotcha! Good luck with that!
Website says "by today" and it is today already. They are officially late, again...

That's just words. Clearly, you've mis-interpreted!

Has anyone gotten an F&G email today?
Productivity in Alaska is going to be rather low today.. both before and after they release those results.

It was a nice head fake last year when they gave us hope that this wouldn't be a circus every year.
The draw is done and announced the same way every year.......

except when it's not.
Those boys on the AOD are going spastic not knowing the results. They should be use to this by now. lol
I miss the old days.. rumors and rumors of rumors of when the date would be. Sitting at the computer at 4:45pm on every friday frantically hitting refresh until about 6pm. Then cursing ADFG and swearing you wouldn't do it again the next friday. But you always did. And then the results would finally come out, and the site would crash.. hard. So you are frantically pming, calling, and emailing everybody you know in HOPES that somebody had the list.

Good times.. I believe the common hatred for the ADFG really brought sportsmen together here in AK.
Originally Posted by Calvin
I miss the old days.. rumors and rumors of rumors of when the date would be. Sitting at the computer at 4:45pm on every friday frantically hitting refresh until about 6pm. Then cursing ADFG and swearing you wouldn't do it again the next friday. But you always did. And then the results would finally come out, and the site would crash.. hard. So you are frantically pming, calling, and emailing everybody you know in HOPES that somebody had the list.

Good times.. I believe the common hatred for the ADFG really brought sportsmen together here in AK.

Nailed it Calvin.......lol.
Posted By: mart Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
Those boys on the AOD are going spastic not knowing the results. They should be use to this by now. lol

Fixed it for you. laugh
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
Their facebook page says they had a "glitch" with their email system and they are working on fixing it.
Posted By: 379 Peterbilt Re: Draw results - 02/20/15

Man, you described that exactly the way I've always done it. Everyone's at the computer with 4 windows open, ADFG and all the favorite forums, looking for up to the neno second info.... grin
Posted By: 379 Peterbilt Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
I think in the last 6-8 years they have been announced in Jan
, Feb, and March.

Hey, they're out already!!! wink
I remember the even older days when we had to wait to see the list in Sunday's paper.

And applied by snail mail.

And there were two application periods.

And not finding out about sheep, goat, moose, and caribou until June.
That last one was real handy. crazy
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
Old fart!

Me too...
They are up online
Moose; brownie for me. Hey Artsy!

Wif got bench moose
I got nuttin, I already had backups planned just in case :-)
Posted By: broomd Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
Mountain Goat for me! dg473 Terror Lake/Hidden Basin!
Notta here, was really hoping the wife would draw a tag this year.
Drew my usual...
Friend that killed the monster bear with me in Uganik Bay in '12 drew the same tag, first year eligible...

Riley drew a 20-Mile bull tag...
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
Goose Eggs for me and I want a refund!
Can he fit one in his microboat?
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
Go get em boys...
Moose; brownie for me. Hey Artsy!

Wif got bench moose

That is a great tag and someone we both know drew the same Kodiak tag...
Can he fit one in his microboat?

In little itty bitty pieces he can!
PM me who
Nevermind. Figured it out
Posted By: mart Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
I scored. Caribou, goat and cow moose.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
I drew jack which is just what I expected.
Posted By: olblue Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
Usall results here ---nothing
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Draw results - 02/20/15
Nada.

Congrats to those that got lucky!

Always next year I guess.
Posted By: hoogie Re: Draw results - 02/21/15
Bull moose and elk for me and my dad. 6 years of trying and no tags. 2 in one year.
Posted By: duckslayer56 Re: Draw results - 02/21/15
Bear tag for me, got the Eklutna/Chugach state park tag. Rough country but some good bears in there.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Draw results - 02/21/15
big fat zeros across to board for me and my kid
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Draw results - 02/21/15
Nothing this year.
Posted By: DanInAlaska Re: Draw results - 02/21/15
Nothing here...
Posted By: las Re: Draw results - 02/21/15
I don't care. I just applied on spec in case the wife decides against another year here. As I have done the last 5 years. And drew on 4 of the five, without use....

I think someone has negative karma on me! Don't you believe they aren't tracking you!

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aint effing with me!
Posted By: 79S Re: Draw results - 02/21/15
Wife and daughter drew dm 406
Posted By: AKHuck Re: Draw results - 02/21/15
I got goose eggs. Nuttin', nada, zilch. Gonna have to earn my freezer full this year! I can't complain, I got my DE715 elk last year. My buddy got the elusive bison tag, no kiddin'. I'm really happy for him. It took me showing him three times before he realize what he had!

I searched every on air personality on the Outdoor Channel. Jana Waller from Skull Bound got a moose tag. I'm not so sure I envy her, it's the area up behind Ship Creek. Remy from Solo Hunter got a sheep tag right up behind Eagle River. Steve Rinella's brother got a moose tag on the north side of the Denali Highway. That's about it. It seems like a lot of those folks just want sheep tags. The Keefers on the Sportsman's Channel did not file this year. I suppose they are tired of Alaska!
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Draw results - 02/21/15
Nothing for me again this year. Two years in a row now. Feel good about doing Tier 1 for this year though. My cousin did get the Carpenter Creek sheep tag and my buddy got the Friday Creek sheep tag, so should still be a busy fall regardless. And fun.

But [bleep], I want a sheep!
Posted By: Calvin Re: Draw results - 02/22/15
Nothing for me, but I only put in for a couple of tags. My buddy got Etolin elk, so drive the boat and give him a hand on that hunt. We'll be walking in from the beach for that hunt.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Draw results - 02/22/15

Nothing for me, but I only put in for a couple of tags. My buddy got Etolin elk, so drive the boat and give him a hand on that hunt. We'll be walking in from the beach for that hunt.

Saw that you only applied for 2 hunts - WTF?

Nothing for me this year. My good hunting buddy drew the late rifle (323) elk tag. Luckily he's got his bro to go with him. I'm not camping in woods in mid-Oct.

Got screwed on my party sheep draw. The buddy I went in with forgot to file his deer hunt report on time and applied for FOUR sheep hunts. Turns out he went party with another guy for Bison and I'm pretty sure this guy added a sheep hunt also. Fugged over 3 people with that move.

Pretty sure I'll be hunting elk late season with the kid in Arizona. He had 8 points. I'm gonna work CO, NV and UT pretty hard as I've got some serious points built up down south. I sure wish AK would go to a points system.
Posted By: Swamplord Re: Draw results - 02/28/15
DE 717 ELK for me and the boy
DE 715 ELK for my father
DM 413 Moose (antlerless Nov-Dec) for the wife and daughter
DM 408 Moose (antlerless) for my father and brother

[Linked Image]]photobucket[/url]
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Draw results - 02/28/15
Di454
Kl boy is going home!
© 24hourcampfire